• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

American Flat Track in Mesquite, TX this Weekend

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Allen

Unless I missed it, I haven't seen anyone mention that AFT is at Devil's Bowl Speedway in Mesquite with racing on Friday & Saturday this weekend. I'm just putting it out there. I was planning to attend until my son counseled that I should be safe & stay home with Covid still an issue. Too bad, it's a good show & will be televised, but not anywhere near the same experience.

I'm contemplating going, just me. I mean, it's only right down the road from me. I'll keep my distance and stay out of the pits though. No autograph collecting this time.

AFT is some of the best racing you will ever see. The races so far this season have been really good. I would like to go, but that drive through the Metroplex just ain't as fun as it used to be.

I’ll be there. Also went to World of Outlaws there last weekend and it was PACKED! Hopefully I will survive.😳

I’ll be there. Also went to World of Outlaws there last weekend and it was PACKED! Hopefully I will survive.😳
I hope you survive too & have a great time doing it. I'm thinking it will be packed as well & I just don't want to drop the ball at this point in the Covid game & have my son say "I told you so" if going to the AFT races were to kill me.

My son was there also and he is alive and kicking still.

Thought about it. The Schedule says no pit passes/spectator openings. No fans allowed for practice or heat races. Only for the 3 mains.

Thought about it. The Schedule says no pit passes/spectator openings. No fans allowed for practice or heat races. Only for the 3 mains.
Huh, still charging full price though I see.

If I do go, it'll be Sunday. I'm hoping this little hockey tournament will wrap up on Saturday. ;)

The way I read it, gates open at 4:30 and practice starts at 5:00 followed by qualifying and semifinals, then mains both Friday and Saturday. Last weekend almost nobody was wearing a mask with full bleachers.

Should be safe on Sunday, you'll likely be the only one there :-?
Oops, I see what you are saying. I thought it was Sat/Sun, but it's actually Fri/Sat. Looks like I'm out due to back to back hockey games Fri/Sat.

The way I read it, gates open at 4:30 and practice starts at 5:00 followed by qualifying and semifinals, then mains both Friday and Saturday. Last weekend almost nobody was wearing a mask with full bleachers.

Weeeell.... I should learn how to use a computer. Scroll down the schedule a little and I find out you are correct sir. Thanks for the FYI.
Sorry for the misdirect everyone.

Back