• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

American Pickers visit

RJ2

Reaction score
While on a business trip in the Midwest this week, I stopped for lunch in LeClaire IO, home of 'Antique Archeology' - the guys with the TV show American Pickers.

Small place with a few bikes for sales, memerobilia, Americana, trinkets, T-shirts, etc.

Here are a couple of lousy cell phone pics of some bikes. 2 bike pic has 67 Bonneville and 46 Harley - thats the Mississippi River behind the old car.

Other pic is of a VW engine 'Von Dutch' creation of many years ago.

Interesting 20 minute stop off I-80.

The $6 pork tenderloin sandwich at Big Dan & Mollys wasn't bad either.

Attachments

• AM Pickers 2 bikes.jpg
    AM Pickers 2 bikes.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 182
  • AM Pickers VW.jpg
    AM Pickers VW.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 185
Nice! How you doing RJ2? Hope the new steed is treating you well. Stay away from those long stop lights on that thing!

As much as they buy, they must move it quickly to keep it small. Surely you bought something???

Decided I didn't need an "Antique Architecture" t-shirt, ball cap, key ring, etc. so no purchases in LeClaire IO other than lunch.

Didn't meet any of the staff as they appeared pretty indifferent, but I'm sure that just part of their charm.

As far as the bike goes, rode to the COG National in Eureka Springs a couple of weeks ago. I now have a broken in 2012; the new is wearing off.

Back