• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: AMSA family ride day - Nov 17, 2019

Dao

Reaction score
this sunday, from 9-4, open to anyone with a dirt bike,
at Watson's Ranch
15507 Chaparral Dr, Leander, TX 78641

All single tracks - main loop's 7 miles of flowy hill country terrain
plus AMSA's added an "Extreme" loop (aka, mini-Erzberg) that
is littered with rocky hills with some technical ledges (up & down) that definitely takes a higher level of skill and momentum to clean.
The trail takes you to the very backside of the ranch so a get off or breakdown will leave you a long way away from camp.

Separate kids/Jr track will be set up as usual.
Gate Fee = $20 for full size dirt bike, and $10 for 65cc and smaller.
See y'all out there!

Hope to see you there Dao. I'll be bringing a couple of riding buddies.

Reactions: Dao
In my plans to make it out there, have a few friends that have it in their plans as well. Be good to see you again Vknny

Reactions: Dao
Missed you out there today Vinny but I heard that there was 170 riders there so not surprised. We had a great day out there

Great ride. Fantastic dirt. Parking lot was very full but the trail flowed well. I guess everyone was flying.

Watson's ranch had over 30 miles of fresh new single tracks that just got burned in for this Sunday's Fam day ride. All new trails, with fast moving , 3rd-5th gear easy sections. The difficult sections had off-camber tight turning 1st & 2nd gear ups and downs through xtra thick shady trees on dark black, moist, fluffy, potting soil. the views overlooking the hill country was simply breathtaking. :dude:

Yep it was some of the best riding spots of the year, fantastic turnout and even with what I heard was 170 riders on site we rode most of the day and only encountered a few groups while on the trails thats one of benefits of a large trail plenty of groups can ride at once without getting all bunched up

Back