• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AMSA ride weekend

You've ask for it, now your gonna get it!
Novembers ride day will be Novembers Ride WEEKEND!
This will be a Saturday & Sunday event so camping is allowed and encouraged.
Still in the planning stage, but some new surprises are in the works. Stay tuned for more details.... McMahon Ranch.

placed on calendar. hope to make sunday.

Cool, thanks for posting.

Bad timing for me with Thanksgiving travel.

Did a demo day at McMahon Ranch a couple years ago. Property didn't seem very large. Or maybe they just had trails restricted for us that day?

Bad timing for me with Thanksgiving travel.

Did a demo day at McMahon Ranch a couple years ago. Property didn't seem very large. Or maybe they just had trails restricted for us that day?
No idea what they'll have setup. But they've had enduros on it.

Only for the demo. But there are more trails than used then. And George keeps buying more land and adding trail.

If your planning on spending the entire weekend at the ranch dig up some lights for a night ride on a shortened portion of the trail once night falls.
We’ll have lead and sweep riders to insure everyone makes it back in one piece. This is a great opportunity to view a trail in a whole new perspectiv

Anyone going to be camping Fri night? Would like to leave my bike with someone and not have it in a motel pkng lot. Too much driving for just a Sat deal, might not be able to stay for Sunday.

It just said Saturday and Sunday so I thought camping was out for Friday.

Vinny I think you can show up Friday after like 6, I thought I saw something to that effect on AMSA's facebook but it also said if you come to camp
Friday you had to bring beer for the work crew

Great trail early on. Around 6.5 miles. Getting rutted when I left. Really enjoyed it.

Yes. But its very fun and fast.
Screenshot_20201121-211552_onX Offroad.jpg

I wonder why they didn't use more of the enduro stuff?

Vinny we were there but missed you got there around 9 left around 3, yea it was only 6.5 or 7 miles but it was fun we got in 5 or 6 good laps
enjoyed the company of good friends

Rob, I think the plan was to use some newer trail that could be added to parts of the enduro loop in the future, it was a fun layout you would have enjoyed it
it got a little blown out by the time we left but with no real rain that was going to happen no matter what they laid out for trail

Good to get there early on the first day for these types of deals, it seems.

Back