• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AMSA ride weekend

Good to get there early on the first day for these types of deals, it seems.
No doubt, 15 years ago or so there was a ride day up around Rockdale. The first loop or 2 the dirt looked like a groomed mx rack. Best I had ever seen. After a couple of hours ruts were so deep it wasn't hardly rideable. Definitely wasn't fun. Soft dirt that's never been ridden just doesn't hold up!

And some places it doesn't matter, might get better with time. Just don't know till you get there.

Its true if you want to ride the cleanest trail, yes but just like any normal offroad area that gets ridden on a routine basis it will get
a little beaten the more people ride it, but that is part of the fun in offroad to me is that something changes every lap. The route
is an ever-changing thing

Depends on who you are.

I need to ride rough stuff for practice.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Depends on who you are.

I need to ride rough stuff for practice.

It will still be good today, that long deep pea gravel in the riverbed is fun 4th and 5th gear with a big handful of throttle and you float across the top
try to cruise through and the front just washes and the rear sinks

The trail was awesome, if you didn't go, you missed out!

"This is just a small part of the crowd this weekend at the ranch for the AMSA Ride Day and Camping Weekend. Was a real “On Any Sunday” good time, SO MANY riders WITH their families, including their furry friends too and a great time was had by all. The trail was a little dry but the AMSA guys had it marked to perfection, no one was getting lost and going the wrong way, etc, they just outdid themselves on preparation. What did my old electrician buddy used to say, always practice the 6 P’s? Prior Perfect Planning Prevents Poor Performance? They nailed that! It was so neat to see everyone out this weekend enjoying their bikes, their family, nature itself and the Good Lord smiled on us with perfect weather for riding and camping. Some rain would have been nice but still all good. I don’t remember Steve McQueens exact line from OAS but was something to the effect of “When I see this many people having fun on motorcycles, you realize the world isn’t as screwed up as we think it is”! And its a big ranch, everyone was spread out, as socially distanced as they wanted to be and obviously when you are riding you are well distanced from anyone. So an excellent time that was safe! Big thanks to AMSA and Wayne McMahan for pulling this off so well!"
Quote from George McMahan, land owner
We need more folks like this.! If you're on facebook, thank the man!!
127236489_3818936674784760_4460319813072173548_n.jpg

Even if you didn't make it out show the family some love for their love for the moto family.

126400444_4644398472268726_1574884134104297752_o.jpg

The trail was awesome, if you didn't go, you missed out!
Yep that send it jump was fun, as was the entire trail that was laid out.

I always make sure to thank the host ranch owner and the AMSA for the family days, in the days of limited opportunities for places to ride letting them know
how much we thank them and enjoy ourselves is paramont.

Also pick up your trash and any you see blowing around as nothing sours a landowner faster than seeing his property left with trash on it.

Yep that send it jump was fun, as was the entire trail that was laid out.

I always make sure to thank the host ranch owner and the AMSA for the family days, in the days of limited opportunities for places to ride letting them know
how much we thank them and enjoy ourselves is paramont.

Also pick up your trash and any you see blowing around as nothing sours a landowner faster than seeing his property left with trash on it.
It sure was.

We made sure to thank Mr McMahan on our way out

Back