• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

An appeal to pray for our leaders

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
This thread is both a call to pray for our leaders and to share prayers raised up for our leaders, including elected officials at all levels, titans of industry, the military and the police. I would also suggest we pray for revival.

It is not another thread to share political views.

To that end, consider wisely what you pray, for your prayers go before the Almighty God, who judges all. He knows our motives. I have no connections, even remote, to our leaders, even at the state and local level. But I do know the Creator of the Universe, the One True God, maker of heaven and earth and He hears our prayers.

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man[a] Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. 1 Tim 2:1-6

A prayer
Dear Father in heaven, may Your name be kept holy. May Your Kingdom come soon.
May Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:9-10).

First, we pray for all people of the world. May as many as possible put their hope and trust in Jesus. We pray for the leaders within the world. May they yield to Your authority no matter what they personally believe. May more and more people understand the absolute truth about Your love for them (John 3:16). For there is only one God and He has sent a great Mediator, His Son, Jesus, the Christ, to reconcile God and humanity (1 Timothy 2:1-5).

We pray for the leaders of our nation, that they would humble themselves, that even if they have not put their faith in You, that they would be humbled like Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4 & 5. We pray that you would turn their hearts to lead in truth, goodness and righteousness.

We pray this in the Name of Jesus our Lord and Savior,
Amen

Father God, I pray in agreement with Bro. Tracker and the entirety of his prayer. I pray that all Christians of this nation would humble themselves and cry out to you daily in earnest and sincere prayer. That they would be bold in the face of evil and lift up the name of Jesus Christ our Savior. That they would lift up your word as the truth and the standard by which we judge what is right or wrong, what is good or evil. I pray that the lies and deceit of the enemy would be revealed and recognized as such by the people. I pray that the eyes of the people of this nation would be opened to the truth, to the love and the goodness of God and that they would choose truth...In Jesus name..Amen

Lord I pray for more grace & mercy in our leadership and in my own dealings with others. Lord, teach us what it means to stand for truth, yet show mercy & grace to others, turning the other cheek and praying for our enemies. God in heaven, we praying for healing of the division in our country. Bridle my tongue, Lord, and my typing fingers. We pray for repentance, for revival, for eyes and hearts opened in our families, our friends, those who are lost with no hope apart from You.
In the Name of your Son, Jesus, the Christ, Emmanuel,
Amen

Blessed be the name of the Lord. Your name be lifted up and given all honor and all glory. Father God I pray for repentance by the leaders of this nation and by the people of this nation. I pray that we would cry out to you for forgiveness, that we would forgive one another. I pray for healing of hearts and wounds, for the healing of this nation. I pray that love and forgiveness would triumph over hate and revenge....In Jesus name...Amen

Father I know your word is truth and the king's heart has always been in your hand. Empower your holy royal priesthood to humble ourselves and pray and seek your face and turn from our wicked ways so we can hear from heaven. I ask you to heal our land by your gift of grace and thank you for healing America one heart at a time. Thank you for revival that your church will arise and shine as your glory rests upon your bride, Anoint us to be a light set upon a hill for all this dark world to see and boldness for us to speak and preach your gospel of grace message and proclaim the the Light of the world. Father I also pray and give thanks for unity in your body the church as we walk in your Spirit so we can love one another as Jesus loves us.
Thank you Sir.

Father God, I continue to lift this nation up to you. I pray that the hope and peace that is in Jesus Christ would be recognized, received and embraced by the people. I pray for revival in our hearts and lives. I pray for a "coming home" if you will, of those who have wandered away from you, for a renewed desire in their hearts to know you. I pray for a fresh anointing on the pastors and preachers, for a fire to be in their hearts and their sermons. Open the ears of the people to hear and open their hearts to receive your word...In Jesus name I pray...Amen

I'm all for praying for our leaders of all parties and persuasions. However, we must remember that there is a time when following Christ that does not mean to allow evil to flourish. In my church we very frequently and earnestly bring up our leaders in prayer. I pray that God will change the hearts of our leaders who have put greed and power above that of the people they should represent. But God has given us free will...thankfully...but that comes with men and women who knowingly or unknowingly have chosen to be influenced by satan.

There are and will continue to be leaders who prioritize that greed and power no matter how much we pray that they will change...and...some may indeed change. For those who don't, we should also pray for God's wisdom and guidance for us to do the right thing to deal with such leaders. That may range from voting to more radical measures depending on the evil of their behavior. If all we were to do is pray for a different outcome, God would never have prompted us to act in the many dire situations in history caused by evil leaders...WWII as just one example.

OP, I have not reverted to politics in these statements. These are as biblical and moral as issues can get when it comes to leaders of all kinds. Prayer is always first. But there is a time that God expects and will support resistance to evil leaders. I'm pretty sure that many of us as Christians wrestle spiritually about this because our primary directive from God and Christ is and has been to love one another, pray for one another, and care for one another. And caring for one another also involves action in some cases and not just good wishes. This is a tough one. So as we pray for all of our leaders, we should pray for God's wisdom and guidance when/if that moment comes for action that will have his blessing.

TNC, you make good points, but I'm not going to address them here. Prayer too often in my own life gets the short stick and that's what i asked for us to focus on in this thread. How to live as salt and light in this world? I'll leave for the Christian ethics 101 thread.

Father I love you and give you thanks for all things including the recent rain and beautiful sunsets and just plain wonderful weather. You alone have all the glory and honor and you alone are Lord, Master and Savior. We worship you and give you thanks for this day that you have made and given us.
Father empower us today to choose to walk in your Spirit that lives within and to share your good news and have a heart for those that need Jesus' love and those that need Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. Help us as your children to be aware of your simple divine appointments you have for us today. I thank you for your amazing grace and tender mercy. Help us to imitate your Son with longsuffering and a hearts desire that no person should perish but come to repentance by responding to your gentle knock upon the door to their hearts. I thank you Sir for what seems to be a remnant of America's elected officials that bear your light in this dark world and ask that they will demonstrate your love and humility and join you in blessing and protecting Israel and the lives of unborn babies and to go to and help widows and orphans and those that so many deem as unlovely. Jesus please bring someone to each of us today that needs a hug from you and the words to tell them how much you love them.

This thread is both a call to pray for our leaders and to share prayers raised up for our leaders, including elected officials at all levels, titans of industry, the military and the police. I would also suggest we pray for revival.

It is not another thread to share political views.

To that end, consider wisely what you pray, for your prayers go before the Almighty God, who judges all. He knows our motives. I have no connections, even remote, to our leaders, even at the state and local level. But I do know the Creator of the Universe, the One True God, maker of heaven and earth and He hears our prayers.

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man[a] Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. 1 Tim 2:1-6

A prayer
Dear Father in heaven, may Your name be kept holy. May Your Kingdom come soon.
May Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:9-10).

First, we pray for all people of the world. May as many as possible put their hope and trust in Jesus. We pray for the leaders within the world. May they yield to Your authority no matter what they personally believe. May more and more people understand the absolute truth about Your love for them (John 3:16). For there is only one God and He has sent a great Mediator, His Son, Jesus, the Christ, to reconcile God and humanity (1 Timothy 2:1-5).

We pray for the leaders of our nation, that they would humble themselves, that even if they have not put their faith in You, that they would be humbled like Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4 & 5. We pray that you would turn their hearts to lead in truth, goodness and righteousness.

We pray this in the Name of Jesus our Lord and Savior,
Amen
Thank you.

IMG_5950.jpeg

Amen

For clarity, when I say men or man in this prayer, I mean in the biblical sense (men and women), Gods creation.

Father God, You search the hearts of all men (Psalm 139). You know each of us better than we know ourselves. You know the true motive behind every choice we make and every word we speak. There is no man that can transform this nation into a Godly nation without your intervention and You will not force your will on any man. He must freely submit his will to you. Your word says the goodness of God leads to repentance (Romans 2:4), so I pray that the eyes and hearts of every man would be opened to see Your goodness, Your love, Your kindness and that it would lead them to repentance and a relationship with you. We need your help Lord....In Jesus name...Amen

...pray for Biden. It is hard to love people who have such negative political beliefs. But cognitive decline is a horrible disease and our prayers are with him.

PRAY for divine intervention in all matters.

PRAY for both presidential candidates.

PRAY for Supreme Court Justices.

PRAY for warriors being jailed and harassed by leftist lawfare.

PRAY that truth be revealed.

Sidney Powell

September 7, 1774, 9 o’clock a.m.
Reverend Jacob Duché
Rector of Christ Church of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774

O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech Thee, on these our American States, who have fled to Thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent only on Thee. To Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give. Take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle!

Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst the people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.

Amen.

September 7, 1774, 9 o’clock a.m.
Reverend Jacob Duché
Rector of Christ Church of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774

O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech Thee, on these our American States, who have fled to Thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent only on Thee. To Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give. Take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle!

Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst the people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.

Amen.
Wow! I'm a hack history aficionado but never saw this prayer during that critical time in our nation's birth. Man...that prayer could almost apply identically to our present government versus our situation with England. Our founders would be ashamed of our behavior and what we've allowed. Thanks for posting this.

From Adam until today, there is nothing new under the sun. The brokenness of the world ebbs and flows. May the God Almighty, our Heavenly Father guide those that rule over us and give them wisdom, a love for the truth, mercy and compassion and humility. You are our only hope, Lord God. Amen

Back