• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anakee Wild - KTM 1090

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
So I am thinking about trying the Anakee Wild tires on my KTM 1090, but I can't see to find matching front and rear tires in Radials. I can get a radial rear and a bias front, but not really sure about mixing the types...

Rear is 150/70R18
Front is 90/90B21

Thoughts / suggestions ?

I had the front on my VFR1200X and liked it. I'd buy it again.

Not sure about the mixing part.

Have you contacted Michelin directly and asked your question? I see them listed different on different sights.

You can do a quick chat from their website.

So I am thinking about trying the Anakee Wild tires on my KTM 1090, but I can't see to find matching front and rear tires in Radials. I can get a radial rear and a bias front, but not really sure about mixing the types...

Rear is 150/70R18
Front is 90/90B21

Thoughts / suggestions ?
Your rear tire on the 1090 is 150?

Yes the rear is a 150/70 18

I have called Revzilla and Michelin and nobody can answer the question... I see youtube videos of them on KTM's with 21" front so they are mixing them, but wish I could get an answer...

I did find one article on road racing where they sometimes do mix a radial on the rear and bias on the front for very specific track and bike conditions.

So I guess I am a bust for giving the setup a try :(

Me personally I would probably not think twice about it. I bet there are times you don't run recommended air pressure in your tires...

Guess I am getting old and letting the little things bother me, I think you are 100% right. I don't know why they just look sexy to me right now (maybe been locked up too long)

I am tired of the TKC 80's and my Mitas E07+, want something a bit more off-road for the NMBDR. Maybe I will just go for it and try.

Guess I am getting old and letting the little things bother me, I think you are 100% right. I don't know why they just look sexy to me right now (maybe been locked up too long)

I am tired of the TKC 80's and my Mitas E07+, want something a bit more off-road for the NMBDR. Maybe I will just go for it and try.
How bout these? Definitely more aggressive than the TKC and the Mitas E-07 (I ran those before I got these)

Bridgestone AX41 AdventureCross

IMG_20200430_124525.jpg

IMG_20191010_192613.jpg

Yes the rear is a 150/70 18

I have called Revzilla and Michelin and nobody can answer the question... I see youtube videos of them on KTM's with 21" front so they are mixing them, but wish I could get an answer...

You need to talk to Randy Richardson. He will have the answers, and the knowledge of whether it is okay to mix them or not.

randy.richardson@michelin.com

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's a hunk of a tire, had a chance to try it in dirt?

I believe that it is not recommended to mix Bias and Radial ply tires. This is due to the fact that they respond differently to side loads and uneven surfaces. I was talking to the MotoZ rep and he made a point of mentioning that MotoZ Tire’s were a bias ply tire and to be sure not to mix their tires with radial ply tires. Just my 2 cents. I would not mix them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back