• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

And another FNG in Clear Lake

DJS

Reaction score
Well I'm jumping the gun a bit, I pick up my new (to me) 2003 Honda 919 tomorrow morning. I'm sure glad the weather is picking up a bit.

Name's David Smoot. I live in Clear Lake, Friendswood to be exact. I'm 33, married, with a wonderful 4 year old boy. I work for Wyle Laboratories, a NASA contractor (though we're branching out into some cool stuff). I'm an engineer, love gadgets and computers. I love mobile and embedded computers.

I've been out of biking for about 3 (long) years. I totalled my previous ride in a (rider error) accident and it did not make sense to buy another bike when we really needed a second car for the kid. So the Civic is paid off and I finally get another bike!

Besides motorcycles, I like bicycling (road bikes, though I may have to try mountain) and target shooting.

I'm hoping to attend an advanced MSF course as soon as I get re-acquainted with a street bike. Then maybe a track day. I'd love to ride with some of the Clear Lake / Houston guys on the weekends but my wife's job is always busy this time of year so it may be a few weeks before I can get free (I need to find some more babysitters).

So hello all and I look forward to meeting you.

David

Howdy David,

:tab Welcome to the site! Congrats on the 919! That is an awesome bike. Watch out for Squeaky, she may try to hit you up to ride it... she's kind of funny that way :-P Would you happen to work with Bob Krogman? He's down there in Flatland also ;-)

Adios,

Bob Krogman? Name does not ring a bell.

Flatland sure is the truth. We are definitely deficient in the turns and hills. When I train for the MS150 bicycle rides I have to go ride the Kemah bridge over and over to prepare myself for the hill country.

David

I have to go ride the Kemah bridge over and over to prepare myself for the hill country.

Man... that is just plain sad... hehe. I used to ride around Liverpool, Danbury, Hitchcook, Dickinson, etc,... We lived in Alvin. Every morning at 5:30am, my Dad and I would get up and ride about 15-20 miles before he went to work. I would just come home and go back to bed :mrgreen: It always seemed that no matter what compass direction we were heading, the wind was right in our face :-| I don't miss the constant wind.

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
Watch out for Squeaky, she may try to hit you up to ride it... she's kind of funny that way :-P

Hey, if you warn them it makes it tough to sneak up on them!

Welsome aboard. Nice bike. If she ever needs excercise and you can't find a babysitter, I'd be glad to help out. With the bike, not the baby ;-) .

I'd be willing to swap rides for a twist or two. I actually started looking for an SV when I decided to get another bike but I've always lusted after the 919. And when this one in my favorite color turned up on Cycletrader, I could not resist.

Bone stock and it will probably stay that way for a while. Don't need more power, my skills are already too rusty to use the power that is there. Seat seemed a little hard and poorly sloped, I might have to try a sargent or a corbin.

Only other thing I'll probably add is a GPS. Wish I could make it to the maintenance day tomorrow but my babysitter backed out. I'll have a brand new toy sitting in the garage and I won't even be able to ride it till the wife gets off work.

David

Hey David, I am also a FNG from Friendswood and ride road bicycles.

Do you ride with the Space City Cycling group on weekends?

I know Bob Krogman as he and I just took the Advanced MSF course and we used to be Wolf Pack Bicycling club teammates..

We should hook up and ride both motorcycles and bikes together.
Mike

Definitely we should hook up. I am a member of Space City Cycling club but I don't make their weekend rides very often, I usually ride solo on Sunday afternoons while my kid naps.

Where are you in Friendswood? I'm behind Clear Brook High School.

Are you going to do the Elves and More charity ride next weekend? I thought about it but work is pretty crazy.

Back