• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

And for something completely different: 24v 1500w wind turbine

Reaction score
Title says it...3-phase 1500w 24v iSta Breeze i1500. Works great, has been a great turbine for several years, I only pulled it down to swap out for a 48v model. $300 firm, located in Lubbock, can ship at buyer's expense.

Attachments

• PXL_20220702_181655345.jpg
    PXL_20220702_181655345.jpg
    902.8 KB · Views: 82
Seriously thinking about this to help lower my electric bill. Always windy at my house.

The salesman in me says "yeah you should do that!" But the part of me that loves seeing this stuff just can't help it lol

So I'm running my turbines up on the caprock (you can see all my stuff here) where the wind starts blowing 30mph in September and doesn't stop until May. The wind's got to be blowing 27mph and the load on it has to be suitable for it to be hitting 1500~1700w...I have seen it cranking out close to 3500w very briefly. In the best months, though, it makes 100~150 kilowatt hours. I don't know how much you pay for power but for me that's roughly $15/mo in the best times. After getting it on a pole and all the other equipment you might need you will be able to have an effect on your electric bill, but it'll be quite a bit before that effect overtakes how much you invested in the turbine. It'll get there eventually, but it's like buying a Prius to save gas money because your truck only gets 15mpg.

This is great for someone who wants to dabble with some green energy stuff. Even better for someone who wants to build a small off grid system to keep some batteries charged and lights running. For example, my modem, router, network switch, as well as my LED shop lighting are all completely off grid which means that even when our power goes out we still have information access, heat, and lights...well, lights in my shop lol. This turbine would be capable of powering a similar setup.

Thank you for your honesty. I have seen similar at work. Buying a 12,000 dollar motorcycle to save gas. I already have them anyways, truly get your point.

Back