• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

And Moto GP is a GO for 2019!!

Tourmeister said:
My daughter with Quatararo. He and Rins have been impressing me most this year.

Great pics!

Seeing those guys forcing the Marcs and Dovis to slipstream them to conserve tires and give the fans their money's worth would be enough for me, but seeing them making podiums as well is jaw-dropping awesome.

But as a big Graham Jarvis fan, I'm partial to cheering on Rossi and think these young guys still have a lot to learn lol

All three races this weekend were great! Moto2 and Moto3 have really been consistently good in general in recent years.

Some fun tech talk on the evolution of frame composition:

Looks like Rossi may be running with a carbon fiber swingarm and front wheel cover this time around...and a rear thumb brake...

Practice and qualifying were a bit on the crazy side because of the weather!! But yes, the racing was great!

Did you see Miguel Olivera go down going into turn one because he was blown off the track? :brainsnap

Amazingly, he wasn't hurt to badly, but it was a nasty looking crash. They stopped everything for the day after that.

Moto3 was awesome!

The start of MotoGP was great, but I knew it wouldn't last... Sad to see his bike get passed like it was standing still on the straights :doh:

Not too many can defy gravity. This guy has more than once. Incredible! 246964

Yeah that save was just OFF THE CHARTS!

I just can't help but wonder what might happen to him if he ever has a seriously nasty accident because he is so used to being able to save it. It seems like once the top riders have a really bone crunching bad accident, they seem to lose that tiny little edge in aggressiveness that keeps them off the podiums. Rossi was never really the same after breaking his leg. Jorge is no where right now and who knows how much is him and how much is the bike? Ben Spies kind of went the same way. There is a reason it is a young man's sport for the most part...

Jorge is no where right now and who knows how much is him and how much is the bike?

When Jorge finishes nearly 20 seconds behind Syahrin - it's BOTH him and the bike and every other cause/excuse he can think of. There's no way he'll start 2020 on a Honda (bets, anyone?).

The crazy thing for me was that Quartararo's bike was knocked out from under him by Petrucci's body.

Well... there is one he didn't save this weekend! :eek2:

All three races were great.

I sure hope Yamaha can come up with some top speed next year. It has been pathetic this year. Watching all the other bikes just pull away from them like it was effortless has got to be maddening for the Yamaha riders.

So I have ask, why isn't BMW involved with MotoGP? They are obviously connected with their BMW safety cars and those bikes they have parked in front of the grid before the start of each race. So why not field some bikes!? If KTM can afford to do it, surely BMW could afford it as well. Haven't they had decent success in World Superbike?

MotoGP is expensive, and BMW money is all tied up in warranty work! :)

But no, it'd be nice to see another manufacturer toss their hat in the ring, and provide 2 more seats for promising young riders while some of the old guys at other manufacturers sit on their seats way too long.

MotoGP is expensive, and BMW money is all tied up in warranty work! :)

:rofl:

But no, it'd be nice to see another manufacturer toss their hat in the ring, and provide 2 more seats for promising young riders while some of the old guys at other manufacturers sit on their seats way too long.

If you are referring to Rossi, even at 40 years old he is obviously still competitive. Had the bike had some decent top speed this weekend, he could easily have been on the podium. He clearly had better pace than Miller and Dovi, but even if he passed them, they could just blow right back by him on the straights before he could gap them. There were a LOT of younger guys behind him, including Quatarraro and Morbidelli. Lorenzo...? Well, who knows what is going to happen there. His injuries were pretty nasty and I suspect that has robbed him of his confidence. Will he ever get that back? Hard to say. It has to be rough for him to see Zarco doing so well so quickly on the Honda, and hearing the announcers go on and on an on about it :-P

I'll tell you who I can't understand still gets a ride is Karel Abraham. How does this guy keep getting a ride each year? His record is horrible. Does he have a rich Dad that is funding his racing hobby?

I can't wait to see when Quatarraro has some more experience so he can have consistency, and a good ride. He's put on some good shows this year.

Lorenzo has one more year on his contract. I believe the rookie rule is still in effect so we see Alex Marquez on a satellite bike. You know there are discussions in Repsol about how they can arrange for the Spanish brothers duo to be wearing the company colors in 2021.

I would love to see Rossi do his last few years with Ducati, but know it won't happen. You think the Italians would go crazy?
Right now Honda has the strait away speed. My friend says it is because Marquez don't weigh a hundred pounds soaking wet :lol2:
Wonder how Marquez would do on Crutchlow's Honda?

I would love to see Rossi do his last few years with Ducati, but know it won't happen. You think the Italians would go crazy?
Did you miss that terrible experiment a few years ago? That'd never ever happen again, Rossi would not go back for any amount of money.

I believe the rookie rule is still in effect so we see Alex Marquez on a satellite bike.

Marc did not have to start on a satellite bike... So was the rule just waived for him only or was it done away with completely?

I sometimes wonder how Ben Spies might have done if he had been able to go straight to a factory bike. He was trying so hard on the satellite bike that he was taking way to many risks and ended up getting injured, which he never really come back from. I also can't help but wonder what might have happened to Marc if he'd started on a satellite bike? Might he have gone the same way as Spies... pushing to hard and getting hurt? We'll never know...

Marc was all thrilled to see his brother win the Moto2 championship. I wonder how thrilled he will be if his brother gets into MotoGP and starts fighting against him... :wary: Will he put the cheeky moves on his Bro that he puts on other riders? They mentioned a rumor about Alex going to Ducati... :ponder:

Marc did not have to start on a satellite bike... So was the rule just waived for him only or was it done away with completely?
Aha, good point. I must have missed that the rookie rule was eliminated that year enabling him to make that jump. I remember there was a bunch of whining about it but didn't recall that it was cancelled at that point. Nevermind. Still, I bet if they can make those stars align, it'll happen.

Back