• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

And Moto GP is a GO for 2019!!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
If you haven't watched any of the Qatar races, do it! They were all great!

However, just a reminder that you might want to use the SPOILER tags to keep people from seeing discussion of results accidentally before they see the race.

Been following Mat Oxley on Twitter, where I found out (if I am correct) that a Wayne Rainey boy is competing in Moto2 and had just podiumed in Argentina. That was my favorite race to watch when I was last @COTA.

Looking forward to the next one!

Sorry my bad. It's a Gardner boy. Got caught showing how much of a fan I really am lol

Anyway, still fun to see...

Last edited:
Reactions: JMZ
Is there any other way to watch Moto GP other then Bein sports? Xfinity no longer carries Bein sports šŸ˜”

I saw where NBC sports network is doing a recap show one week later of each circuit this year for the Americas GP races. I will look for next week's show for this Austin TX weekend.

Fyi, On bien network they are showing 3 hours of qualifying starting at 11:30 pm tonight

Been riding through the Hill Country today because who wants to watch MotoGP?

Just kidding about not caring. Have been riding today however. In Austin now, just finishing up the Moto2 race. Awesome!!!

Last edited:
Make sure you use the Spoiler tag on any results. Some people DVR and watch later. I was a at the race today and know the outcome.

Marquez was running away with it again and made a mistake. 75% of the crowd, or more all cheered. It wasn't a cheer to be glad he failed though. In my opinion it was a cheer because a new winner and new manufacturer. Relief almost. I will admit that i was one that cheered too. But still felt sorry for him as he tried to remount.

Oh, and i ran into Kory and Nate (deviantartist) at the race. I'm slightly embarrassed that they both recognized me before I even saw them. Nate was two people behind me in line. And that was before we even got in the gate.

Spoiler Button below...you know you want to press it....

Where I was at, people weren't just cheering when Marquez fell, they were laughing at his attempt to get back in the race. Felt like I was getting crushed by schadenfreude and it made the race a lot less fun to watch for me.

As a Rossi fan, I'd rather have seen him on the podium with Honda still on the track to possibly evidence something in Yamaha's bike that had been improved for COTA.

Plus, I'm bigger Moto2 fan anyway.

Last edited:
Oh, and i ran into Kory and Nate (deviantartist) at the race. I'm slightly embarrassed that they both recognized me before I even saw them. Nate was two people behind me in line. And that was before we even got in the gate.

Nice to finally meet you, since I've never been able to make one of the photo meet-ups.

Nice to finally meet you, since I've never been able to make one of the photo meet-ups.

Wow, that make me feel better. I was racking my brain trying to remember if we'd met and how could I have forgotten. Now I really impressed you recognized me out of the blue.

Wow, that make me feel better. I was racking my brain trying to remember if we'd met and how could I have forgotten. Now I really impressed you recognized me out of the blue.

:lol2:

Your self portraits on here make it easy. ;-)

Moto2 was awesome as usual.

Missed Moto3 as I was having too much fun riding. I can't hate MotoGP but I can't say why without a spoiler button.

I don't really know why. Maybe it's because the most money gets spent to put it on or something.

Reactions: JMZ
Last Moto2 race was great as usual.

I think it helps that I get to ride through the morning and into early afternoon through the Hill Country before I watch the race..found some fun roads with tight banked corners and all to run through. Of course it's nothing like the experience those pro racers are having, and I certainly don't embrace the stress the young guns on the superbikes embrace as they weave past me on the hill country roads (I always say "Wow!" inside my helmet). But I think my own experience is still enough to help me be more realistically impressed regardless.

I really had no idea the physical strength and endurance needed to ride motorcycles, ESPECIALLY offroad, before I started riding. I had been running before I started which helped, but I had (and still have) a lot to learn..which is probably why it appeals to me most. There's never a dull moment even when I'm just watching.

This coming weekend... My favorite race on the entire calendar... Moo-Jello!!

You would think that the Ducatis will have the advantage at this glorious place, but the way the Honda has been working this year (at the hands of Marquez, at least) They could challenge at the speed trap. I'm anxious to see if Jorge can turn it up and contend this weekend.

I sure wish Yamaha could get their top speed up a bit... I hate seeing the Ducs and Hondas just blowing them away on the straights. Even Suzuki seems to be doing better.

@Tourmeister Agreed. I have been impressed with the overall performance of the Suzuki this season. You have to give Mir some time to acclimate to the fury that is MotoGP, but Alex Rins has come on strong this year and is really getting the most from this bike. It's just nice to see the Suzuki in competitive form once again.

As for the M1, I am not sure what it is gong to take for them to get more speed from this engine. Maybe nothing until next year. But it is only round 6. Perhaps they will find something.

I am still amazed that Rossi is doing as well as he is given his age :brainsnap

It makes me feel like a total potato... :-P

The racing for all three races was great! Moto2 was especially good! I Can't wait for the Sachsenring next weekend. Marquez was undefeated in Austin until this year... Maybe this will be the year someone beats him there!?

Back