• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

And you thought you saw Ducati carnage before... (demo day, AMS)

Glad everyone was ok!!

This is why I hate divided roadways much like the just did here on Cooper St. Leave a turn lane and let people turn where they need to. As soon as you take their options away, they are forced to make u-turns to try and get where they are going.

I know from personal experience they probably did that to Cooper street because too many people were having collisions in the turn lane; either from two opposite bound vehicles trying to turn left, or very frequently and my case, two people both turning left from opposite sides onto Cooper street meeting in the middle... while both drivers are trying to just get into the turn lane and then merge with traffic, so paying attention to the oncoming traffic only. Traffic sucked then when I had my wreck, back in 2001, can't imagine what it was like just before they divided Cooper up with the increase in traffic since 2001. Way too much traffic for that road, they need some turnpike or something through there... Anyhews, thought I'd try and explain why I think they reasoned to divide up Cooper street in Arlington.

Good job on sliding the pictures back in. And who knows...maybe we'll turn up with some new members who sign up to see the pics and decide to hang out.

Oh yeah... I forgot. If they aren't members then they can't see the pics. Oopsie.:giveup:

If photos are on the TWT server, only registered viewers see them.

Someone posted the photos on an SV forum. It's entertaining to read their comments based on the photos. e.g. "The VFR that got hit first", "Looks like 2 cars and 2 trucks were involved".... etc. :mrgreen:

What Elzi said. Only members can see pictures that are uploaded to the TWT server.

Someone posted the photos on an SV forum. It's entertaining to read their comments based on the photos. e.g. "The VFR that got hit first", "Looks like 2 cars and 2 trucks were involved".... etc. :mrgreen:

Oh keep reading, it changes from a VFR, to one or two different bikes until someone chimes in with FJR.:lol2:

Well this is my first post here, after lurking for ever.... Wow, Sorry to hear about your bike Jim, and glad that there were not serious injuries..

Hey Jim, Bill, Steve, Its Dfwrswarrior04 aka HDslopoke aka Slopoke aka Jason.......
(on a side note...your right Bill, much better forum over here)

Maybe at Indy when the end Ducati owner put a cover on his and it sailed into the next... can you say domino?

At least that is what I heard happened.... someone will be along to correct me soon.
indy-gp-blownover.jpg

I doubt they had any shattered wheels or busted swing arms in that one though.

Well this has made it onto UK based Forums. In particular one I am Regional Rep for. Glad to hear no one was hurt badly. It sounds like it could have been alot more serious that just alot of bent exotic machinery.

Greetings from over the pond!!!

Nick

Well this has made it onto UK based Forums. In particular one I am Regional Rep for. Glad to hear no one was hurt badly. It sounds like it could have been alot more serious that just alot of bent exotic machinery.

Greetings from over the pond!!!

Nick
Greetings from the Colonies! Glad to have you here!

Ditto, glad to have you Nick!:welcome:

Tell all your forum members that I'm sorry about the bandwidth issues. I had no idea that this thread was going to take off like it did.

Oh the popularity of the tinterweb......

Cheers for colonial greetings and hello from Mother Britain!

WOW... and to think I almost went to that..

Maybe this is a prime time to find some cheap Brembo calipers that I can adapt to work on the ZX

Maybe at Indy when the end Ducati owner put a cover on his and it sailed into the next... can you say domino?

At least that is what I heard happened.... someone will be along to correct me soon.
indy-gp-blownover.jpg

I doubt they had any shattered wheels or busted swing arms in that one though.

But the Monster at the end of that row was facing the other way.... it was the last one in the row to be knocked over and its sidestand was broken...

"Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 45 (5 members and 40 guests)"

Wow. 40 Guests? I wonder what other forums are looking at this right now... :ponder:

This has made it on the ETR forum as well.

I'm glad no one was serious hurt.

:tab I have changed the image viewing permissions. Originally, you had to be a registered member to view the attachments. This was a bandwidth issue obviously. I now have it set so that guests can see the thumbnail views of the attachments but they cannot view the full sized image unless they register.

:tab I have changed the image viewing permissions. Originally, you had to be a registered member to view the attachments. This was a bandwidth issue obviously. I now have it set so that guests can see the thumbnail views of the attachments but they cannot view the full sized image unless they register.

You da man Scott! How's all this free publicity on TWT?:lol2:

I was there. My bike was first in line and was missed by like a foot. You can see the skid marks right next to it.

Here's a few more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 211
I was there. My bike was first in line and was missed by like a foot. You can see the skid marks right next to it.

Here's a few more pics.

That was a close call your bike had, glad it came out with no bent parts.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site.

Any updates on how the insurance companies are battling this one out?

Wayne

Back