• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Andice General Store - Andice, Texas

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
What:
A small general store with an attached grill serving delicious burgers, sandwiches and chicken fried steak. Sides include, fries and onion rings. Dessert comes from the frzen treats case beside the counter. Soft drinks and beer are also available as well as general goods ranging in scope from diapers to groceries. Four indoor picnic tables make up the entirety of the seating but several outdoor tables up the seating to maybe 25 or so.

astore2.jpg

aburger1.jpg

Where:
Andice General Store
6500 FM 970 at RR 2338
Florence, TX 76527
(254) 793-3971‎

Directions:
3/4 mile east of Hwy 183 on FM 970. Also accessible by taking RR 2338 (Williams Drive) west from I-35 in Georgetown (15 miles).

One of my favorite destinations! Like to ride out there and have a coke and see what kind of bikes will ride by or stop. Hadn't been out there in quite some time so went that way a week or so ago. Almost got there to discover they were replacing the bridge going into town on the east side. :doh: Ended up turning around and heading home.

Anyone know if the road is open yet? That burger looks mighty good! :eat:

I ran across this thread while I was searching the site for a place to eat around Florence. So I made a run to Andice today to check it out. Great burger and onion rings!
There's a slight difference between Kurt's picture and the way it is today. Where the gas pumps are in the pic there are 8 or so picnic tables under a roof now.
Had a great ride there and back and the food was excellent. Thanks guys!

Nice place to stop at mid ride, or just to meet up.. It's part way between Austin and my place in Kempner, so a Austin friend and I link up there once and awhile .. Good burgers, friendly folks, quite place.

Back