• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WACO AREA: Annual Freezeree at Ghost Ranch. Jan 18-20

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Sorry, short notice, but Dody and I just decided we needed to get out and camp/cook and hang out.

Map to location coming soon. He is just a few miles north of Gatesville. Semi-primitive camping (toilet up the hill) or hotel camping in town. Big fire and good food is typical.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I’ll be in big bend that weekend. Have fun.

Me too ... Move it down to the first weekend in February ... or do it again the first weekend in February.

I've missed the last couple, so I'm gonna try to make this one - probably just Sat night, I doubt I can get a full weekend pass...

Definitely a last minute thing. Between the Hico pie run coming up and some other things, this seemed like the best weekend. He's got a good pile of wood for the Saturday bonfire.

i think I am in....My son and I are suppose to camp and hog hunt north of Paris that same weekend, but it is not confirmed yet.

Its been awhile since I visited, hope to hang out Saturday though the forecast looks better Friday.

I am in for Friday night, be down there Friday around 3ish.

I am out for this weekend....I am moving my camping day up to Thursday evening....

4aff00b1189203a82f1a2d3dc5421865.jpg

6638258b5eca898c1621dc4e3605b4e1.jpg

I'll be watching the weather. I can do cold, or I can do wet(ish), but I can't do cold and wet....

I am now in for Friday. A low of 23 Sunday is a little lower than I am prepared to go.

Oh man I want to go!...but I can't, gotta work. Golly...and no burn ban this time, you KNOW that's gonna be fun!

Nice to see the rain forecast has moved to Friday. If it is just me and Dody then I don't have to worry about people camping down range. :rofl:

Planning on it , watching the weather so yesterday I pulled my trailer out of the storage spot so I can bring it and sleep nice and dry and toasty , I'll make a decision Thursday . Really hate to have to shut down my well and blow the pipes for a weekend .

Check with Dody (Ghostrider) about access on Thursday night. Would probably be only you and the goats.

Am I lurking and not saying a thing because its supposed to be 23 or 24 degrees those nights? Coldest of the season so far?

Yeah, I'm probably out. Looks too wet on Friday, too cold on Sat. I like my new heated gear, but not THAT much...

Back