• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WACO AREA: Annual Freezeree at Ghost Ranch. Jan 18-20

I may come down there Saturday, but if it gets as cold as they are talking for Saturday night into Sunday morning, I may leave early ! My old bones don't do cold as well as they used to, especially my hands ! ! !

Guys, it is a Freezeree, it is supposed to be cold. All the more reason to have a fire. That being said, if I can't get away on Friday early enough to beat the rain, I'll head up Saturday morning.

I like a good freezeree, the wild cherry flavor, on a hot summer day

If I woulda been able to go I think I would have tried out the new air mattress I got for my birthday for the back seat of the truck

Will it be cold enough to set around the campfire with a battery and heated gear plugged in . Bought two new batteries for my truck today , would be easy to do .

Will it be cold enough to set around the campfire with a battery and heated gear plugged in . Bought two new batteries for my truck today , would be easy to do .

I've seen people do that, but haven't felt the need myself. It does mean that I'll be bringing my down liner for the my down sleeping bag though.

Down on Down? Russ you are still tougher than I thought :-) Its gonna be one of those 3 dog and fifth of whisky nights.

Be advised...It will be cold...but not supposed to get much precipitation as of right now. 50% chance of rain but only up .1" of accumulation. Pond is almost full and creek is still flowing but slowing down.... There will be no shortage of wood for fire:thumb:

Has Been hill on a R1200GSA? Sold the WR450 just after Skizzman set the land speed record on it. I'm in the process of negotiating now and I have an advantage cause its my BD. Sheesh , I'm 44 and still Invincible? Not quite, but would love to land on Sat afternoon and see that ya'll make it safely through the nights activities :-) You know, no missing paint, broken bones, punctured radiators, burning tents etc.

Has Been hill on a R1200GSA? Sold the WR450 just after Skizzman set the land speed record on it. I'm in the process of negotiating now and I have an advantage cause its my BD. Sheesh , I'm 44 and still Invincible? Not quite, but would love to land on Sat afternoon and see that ya'll make it safely through the nights activities :-) You know, no missing paint, broken bones, punctured radiators, burning tents etc.
Gee, You take all the fun out of it!:rider:

I'm halfway tempted to run up Saturday afternoon. I'm off Sunday.

Did that happen?
Sure did...not knowing it was the llamas until the rustling leaves got so close and the red headlamp picked up on them :uhoh:

Are people still gonna be there on Sunday?

Wow coldest on Saturday night...29*

According to the RSVP list at the beggining of this thread, Silverbullet (80%) and I are the only ones seriously planning on attending. If you are coming, please use the register button. It is one of the features of the new forum software that is just starting to get some use.

And I'm still in the same position. If the rain Friday is for the evening, I may try and beat it up there, but will wait until Saturday morning to head up if it is actively raining on Friday afternoon. Specially since I may be the only one there...Dody gets to sleep at home.

According to the RSVP list at the beggining of this thread, Silverbullet (80%) and I are the only ones seriously planning on attending...

I updated mine to "In", meant to do it earlier but needed to get to a PC. Also I think there was a couple others coming per posts but didn't do the RSVP thing.

I'm arriving Friday afternoon around 3 to 4'ish. As long as we have a fire I'm good with whatever weather we get.

Saturday I'm planning to ride the Roll the Bones Rally Raid route from 2017 if anyone else wants to ride.

_

I'm still a maybe so can't commit to pushing the button yet, Rusty's sanity will have to hold out :pray:
It'll depend on Saturday's flow if I can get out.

Definite in Friday afternoon , have to stop at Murphys for lunch on the way so may have to stop for a nap somewhere between . Be there Sunday till afternoon too . Probly make a trip to the German restaurant for lunch Saturday . It's been years since I've been there . ZurAutobahn .

Back