• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another girl on the scoot

RASZ

Reaction score
Soozy is an inspiration, but I have been talking about scootin to Colorado even since I bought the first scooter which was a Venice TNG. I really did not take the trip because of her but she is still an inspiration!

I love the way she tells her story. Mine won't be as exciting to read but maybe some pictures will help

I have two weeks before I have to be back to work and I'm not sure I can make back in that time --I keep veering off my route. Last nite I camped at Ute Lake in NM. Right now I am sitting in Travel Lodge in Santa Fe, NM I was not sure I was going to stop here but driving around a bit quickly changed my mind. I will post pictures later.

I have some pictures but don't stop as much as I would like to. If I did, I would never get anywhere.

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-A3rSlWGN*rrw

High Fives, my friend!!!! Isn't it wonderful to be doing what you are doing?!

Here is something I learned from a friend:

There are no ordinary moments.

I've flown and driven the valley from Santa Fe to Pagosa Springs. Enjoy the beauty. I hope the train in Durango is on your itenerary. The Animas River valley is beautiful and mostly without roads.

You ladies are driving me crazy. My inner Walter Mitty is screaming.

I have been amazed at how many women I have seen traveling by bikes/scooters. Thumbs up!

Spent the first night of our honeymoon at Ute lake....looooong story from waaaay back....3 decades ago!

I have put a couple 1000 miles on my GSXR in the last month and loved every minute of the road! Keep spreading the word Ladies let the other Girls know how much they are missing out on!
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

I just spent two days at Mesa Verde. I rode to Fair View Terrace (towards the top) and took the bus tour. I do have pictures but I have not had the reception to load them. And now I am sitting in McDonalds in Montrose. I had to look up the address of a place to get my haircut in Grand Junction. See ya'll later- I'm on the run again.

Oh, by the way, I took 84 into Colorado from NM. It was awesomely beautiful. I have a thing for red rocks!

COOL! Another woman rider to join the TWT ranks! :welcome:
Come home safe & ready to share your stories!
:rider:

On the road in Mexico

100_0662.jpg

100_0668.jpg

100_0665.jpg

100_0664.jpg

Ute Lake in Logan NM

100_0671.jpg

100_0669.jpg

Tucumcari, nm

100_0673.jpg

100_0675.jpg

Climax, CO
Climax was an unincorporated mining village and a former U.S. Post Office located in Lake County, Colorado. Climax was known for its large molybdenum ore deposit. The former Climax Post Office had the ZIP Code 80429.[1] Climax is now an uninhabited ghost town, located along the Continental Divide at an elevation of about 11,360 feet (3465 meters). It was the highest human settlement in the United States, and it holds the record for having had the country's highest Post Office and the highest railroad station. The residential houses were all transported to the West Park subdivision of Leadville, Colorado, before 1965, leaving only the mining buildings standing.

shelly2375.jpg

shelly2383.jpg

shelly2382.jpg

shelly2384.jpg

Delta to Independence Pass

shelly2261.jpg

shelly2262.jpg

shelly2265.jpg

Marble Falls

shelly2277.jpg

shelly2278.jpg

shelly2285.jpg

shelly2289.jpg

shelly2286.jpg

shelly2287.jpg

shelly2288.jpg

shelly2293.jpg

National Forest Camping

shelly2299.jpg

shelly2295.jpg

shelly2298.jpg

Indepence Pass

shelly2303.jpg

shelly2309.jpg

shelly2334.jpg

shelly2335.jpg

shelly2362.jpg

shelly2370.jpg

Independence Ghost Town.

shelly2337.jpg

shelly2373.jpg

shelly2372.jpg

Very neat ride report. I didn't get to the Western Part of Colorado this trip but had a great time.
Thanks for sharing your journey.

Very nice pics and report, RASZ. Some awesome scenery out there for sure :zen::rider:

Well I just had to check out your ride report after talking with you about it today. Looks like I saw part of it...ha ha. Wow...you had a trip of a lifetime for sure! Can't believe you camped out and had all that gear with you! Pretty cool! I'd love to do that someday.

I enjoyed meeting you today and looking forward to hearing of more adventures and riding with you again in the near future!

Well I just had to check out your ride report after talking with you about it today. Looks like I saw part of it...ha ha. Wow...you had a trip of a lifetime for sure! Can't believe you camped out and had all that gear with you! Pretty cool! I'd love to do that someday.

I enjoyed meeting you today and looking forward to hearing of more adventures and riding with you again in the near future!

Thanks MER. Let me know when you want to ride and I'll be ready

Back