• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another non-street legal incident

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
A child is being evaluated after authorities say they were hit near a middle school. Here’s what we know.

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) — A driver has been charged with reckless driving after hitting a child near Twin Creeks Middle School in Spring.

The accident happened at about 4 p.m. in the 27100 block of Cypresswood Drive.

Authorities said the driver was on a dirt bike during dismissal near the school. The child was taken to the hospital in unknown condition.

The driver was arrested and charged in connection with the incident.

The incident remains under investigation, according to Harris County Precinct 4 Constable’s office.
237880502_4701907223175487_1398435922834981270_n.jpg

Another? How often does this sort of thing happen?

It really annoys me when people ride on 4 wheelers or dirt bikes on city streets. I'd say 95% of the time they can't legally ride on the street even if they had the correct equipment.

It sort of follows that if one is inclined to ignore the law, they are often inclined to do so completely. So they run stop signs, don't obey the speed limit, don't yield right of way, ride on the wrong side of the road or the sidewalk, etc. The lack of enforcement drives this as much as anything. I think the mindset is, if this isn't a street legal motorcycle or car, truck, etc., then no traffic laws apply. Worst offenders are the ride-share/rental scooters like Lime, Bird etc.

Back