• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another one lost on FM 1791

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan

RIP
That is a seriously wicked intersection. There is a somewhat recent thread here on TWT about it.

I doubt the rider was actually turning right onto 1791 as stated. If so his speed would have been reduced enough to avoid the collision.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

RIP
That is a seriously wicked intersection. There is a somewhat recent thread here on TWT about it.

I doubt the rider was actually turning right onto 1791 as stated. If so his speed would have been reduced enough to avoid the collision.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same.
If the bike was turning as well, it would have been going a lot slower that what it appears to have been.

Sad regardless.

That rise in the road from the south is tough to see over.

Always sad to hear this kind of news. Looks like this crash is similar to my first crash many years ago. Left turning driver thought my single round headlight was a distant street lamp. S10 pickup turned left directly in front of me. The only thing that saved me was I t-boned his rear wheel and flew over the pickup bed rather than into the side of the cab. I hit that rear wheel so solidly that it ripped the rear axle out of the truck. It was sitting the in the middle of the road next to my destroyed bike, and the truck was 20 feet away in the ditch.

Oncoming left turning vehicles still give me the willies sometimes.

Ride safe friends.

Prayers for the riders family. Don’t like reading these stories. My brother and nephew ride in that area and I’m always thinking it will be one of them that has an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back