• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another Saturday Ride

Burbo

Reaction score
Running the backroads, FtM's and gravel, from Waxahachie thru Corsicana, Palestine, then onto Mission Tejas State Park to check it out. Also hitting some backroads in the Crockett National Forest to check out Ratcliff Lake Recreational Area for an upcoming hike. Planning on finding good food on luck. If interested post up or PM me. Leaving at 8:30 am, back about dark.

Yes FM's from Waxahachie to Bardwell, picking up Sandswitch Rd (gravel) to Ensign Rd (gravel) to a low water crossing of the Chambers Creek (if it is not too deep),FM into Corsicana, sucky stretch of 287 down past Cayuga, then county roads winding around into Palestine,FM 323 out of Palestine on a variety of FM and CR's while looking for little to no pavement. I have not explored the NF but should be able to get the Northwest corner examined. There is a 20 mile hiking trail running from the south at Ratcliff Lake Rec Area up to near Mission Tejas SP I want to check out.

my sweetie is trying to get his tire mounted in time for a saturday ride at this very moment. will def keep you posted. possible 1+ on saturday:rider:

Sweetie says the dirt calls, RRMT awaits us. Will have to do the east tx ride when spring is in full swing. No meet up tomorrow, enjoy your ride

My weekend to work but it sure looks like fun. Maybe next time. Enjoy.

Steve I think you would have liked it. It turned out good and bad. The good, great weather, low water crossing on Chambers Creek was passable, found some great 1 lane paved county roads and 1 lane sand, clay, dirt roads. Beautiful scenery after getting off 287 south of Cayuga. Ran the back roads into Palestine. Nice FM's and 2 lane CR's and few dirt and/or gravel. The bad, I was within 10 miles of Mission Tejas SP on CR1865, sign says "bridge out" sure as **** bridge is under construction. Stop there, take a leak, drink a bunch of water, check the phone. Get back on bike, backtrack up gravel road. Hmm something feels squirrelly. Yep you got it. A flat. A large 16 penny nail. Unload all the necessary items to remove the nail, string plug the tire, inflate said tire. Load everything back. Not trusting a plug much, I called it a day a beelined back. However I did cut back thru Emhouse and caught that low water crossing again. Dang I like that big GSA. I'm definitely up for this route again, so much to see. Maybe dirt around Corsicana/Richland Chambers to miss that 30 miles of 287.

Steve I think you would have liked it. It turned out good and bad. The good, great weather, low water crossing on Chambers Creek was passable, found some great 1 lane paved county roads and 1 lane sand, clay, dirt roads. Beautiful scenery after getting off 287 south of Cayuga. Ran the back roads into Palestine. Nice FM's and 2 lane CR's and few dirt and/or gravel. The bad, I was within 10 miles of Mission Tejas SP on CR1865, sign says "bridge out" sure as **** bridge is under construction. Stop there, take a leak, drink a bunch of water, check the phone. Get back on bike, backtrack up gravel road. Hmm something feels squirrelly. Yep you got it. A flat. A large 16 penny nail. Unload all the necessary items to remove the nail, string plug the tire, inflate said tire. Load everything back. Not trusting a plug much, I called it a day a beelined back. However I did cut back thru Emhouse and caught that low water crossing again. Dang I like that big GSA. I'm definitely up for this route again, so much to see. Maybe dirt around Corsicana/Richland Chambers to miss that 30 miles of 287.

Nice. Make sure you post it here whenever you wanna do it. I would like to join

Sounds like I missed a good one Burbo. I have a weird work schedule (2 week period of work days M-T, F-S-S, W-T) but would like to go with you again if it worked out. I know some of the roads out there but would like to see more of them for sure. Sounds like the Tenere would work well.

Back