• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another win for Sherco

Reaction score
First Name
David
Couldn't resist posting a pic of Webb at this years Revlimiter. Some of the riding we have right in the DFW area. You just know that his bike was in Pristine shape at the start of the event
Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 8.26.42 AM.png

Look at that pipe...Gnarly stuff......

Surprised to not see a pipe guard and bark busters.

I know they add weight but it would seem they would increase the chances of finishing on hard stuff like that.

Regardless...impressive how those guys can ride. Sherco really coming along.

Yea its odd but look at most of the pro guys they use what I call the flag style, I guess they figure if they let the amateurs go first
with our wrap around guards we will have all the stuff knocked out of the way when they come rippping through

You should see my friends bikes who tried to qualify.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I know they add weight but it would seem they would increase the chances of finishing on hard stuff like that.

There's a lot of debate on the pipe guards transmitting the force of the hit to the cylinder flange, breaking this flange off. Cheaper to straighten pipe than new cylinder.

There's a lot of debate on the pipe guards transmitting the force of the hit to the cylinder flange, breaking this flange off. Cheaper to straighten pipe than new cylinder.
Makes sense. I'm still surprised to not see bark busters. Drop the bike and break off a lever or break the throttle tube and you DNF.

Plus...I'm way faster through trees with them as I'm not concerned about a tree catching my levers.

Then again...I suck compared to these guys....

Don't need a pipe guard when you don't own the bike.

But honestly I do not run them because with good technique and luck, I haven't had to worry that much about denting them. I also do not race hard Enduro, But I do play ride some gnarly stuff occasionally.

Pro level guys do not run closed handguards due to the chance of breaking an arm in an over the bars situation.

I do not run closed guards for the same reason. Would rather break some fingers than my whole arm.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

There is a lot of debate on Pipe Guards and Handguards.. We continue to run wraparound hand guards to protect hands, levers, and controls. We stopped using pipe guards this season as we observed in some races they increased pipe damage at the bend and damaged the flange at the exhaust port. They also hide damage that robs power unless you have time to remove and inspect pipe between races.. The Revlimiter was Brutal on Everything... Expensive Sport for sure... But we Enjoy It.. Redbull Overide is this Saturday at Rocky Rocky Ridge North of Decatur, Texas.. 6 hours (2.5 daylight/2.5 Night) of Brutal Terrain! Come on Out!

Back