• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Any events that have a big swap meet?

Robbo

Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry if this is the wrong section for this question, if so could a Mod please move it?

Thanks

Sad to say, I’m looking to get out of riding for the time being.

My wife and I started out gung ho in 2014, but with her being so busy, and me having too many other hobbies (cars takes a lot of my time/play money) and acreage etc etc excuse excuse, I’m sitting here in 2018 and the mileage on our bikes hasn’t changed much since 2015.

I’m ready to get rid of the bikes, but I’m a gear/tool/toy hog so I have lots of crap piled up (adventure suits, street gear, dirt gear, 8 helmets, Sena Gear, Garmin that I never used, trailer, lift, tire changer... and the list seems to go on and on...

It would be awesome to me to load up the moto trailer (oh yeah thought I needed one of those too) and drive to a swap meet and proceed to make deals people couldn’t refuse and then drive home sans all of it. I spent a lot of years with my main hobby being guns so whenever it was time to do a “clean out” a buddy of mine & I would get a few tables at the Market Hall Show in Dallas and get rid of stuff. Maybe I’m over romanticizing in my memory about how well that worked haha.

Anyway, I don’t relish putting up individual ads and meeting up with potential buyers or shipping. I’d rather have the space in the closets, garage & shop.

I seem to remember reading about a swap meet or two on this forum in the past. Did a search and didn’t get back any useful info.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well you have the huge Pate swap meet now held at the speedway in Ft Worth but in the years I went it was aimed at the street rod and classic car crowd so I am not sure it is the best group for coming home with a empty trailer.

Well you have the huge Pate swap meet now held at the speedway in Ft Worth but in the years I went it was aimed at the street rod and classic car crowd so I am not sure it is the best group for coming home with a empty trailer.

Thanks for the info. I guess what I was remembering was a more informal all bike related “swap meet” set up by some active members. Heck I could even be mid-remembering which forum it was on... it might not have been here.

I narrowed down which bike forums I check a few years ago to this one & some model specific forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Harvest Classic in Lukenbach is held in October and there are a few vendors that bring moto stuff for sale.

Back