• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thanks for the info. The electric dirt bike isn't much of a speeder.

We'll be down at Camp Huaco Springs.
I totally get that being on my 125. I gotta be picky where and when I ride with it.

The roads I Iisted above are a hair big (40-65mph two lane with wide shoulders) for the size of the bike an are not tight twisties for the speeds the bike likes to cruise, 45-48mph (with exception of Evans, Schoenthal, S cranes Mill which are the single lane roads but they're short). River Rd is appropriate, but crowded.

If I go when traffic is out I do the usual move over and let vehicles pass so I'm not holding anyone up or getting run over (the hills slow me down a little too). When I ride in the wee hours of the night I have the roads to myself withe the exception of wildlife.

I'm still exploring, little by little to find the smaller single lane roads - the ones that make 45mph feel "fast in the twisties". So far in my riding over the past 5 mths it was the trip to Kerrville that provided those kinds of roads and riding for the area. In time I should have a few good routes put together to optimize the bike's legs.

Let us know what you find as well.

If you're out there now be careful with the rain/ flooding in the low water crossings. We are saturated now. My coworker says her parents in Spring Brach/ Bulverde as nd her bf in Wimberley are flooded in. Water rises fast right now and you'll see a lot of low water crossings. Keep your eyes peeled.

Hope you got some rides in. We were camped just down the road from you. Seems the rain wasn't as bad as forecast, but it was cooler and gray. I didn't bring my bike to the campground and kept watching motorcycles go by on River Road with a very wistful look.

I like the area near Dripping Springs south to Wemberley....
Mt Gainor...Mt Sharp...Purseley... Ledgefield
Over by Johnson City.... Flat Creek & Miller Creek

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Well my day was driving to Rosenburg then East Bernard to see some customers then back home. That a great little loop I do that one often as a quick I need a fix but need to be back by dinner.

So what is your range on the E bike i am guessing that is using about 3/4 of your juice

What does 2% = in miles? That could take some strategy and brain power to calculate if there’s hills or a head wind when planning a ride.

Took a ride last night and was thinking about this thread when I got done. I rode up N Evans(45mph) to TPC(40mph), hit Bulverde/Smithson Valley Rd(40mph).

Just before 1863 I came across caliche and rock debris all over the roadway. As I went past, out of the corner of my eye I saw a vehicle wrecked out in the ditch. I turned around to check it out. It was very dark out there, no lights except for a driveway marker and a lantern on a driveway pillar. I called 911 to get responders on the way The vehicle had lost control, ran through a stone mailbox, skidded sideways and plowed through a wooden telephone pole, through barbed wire fence into the brush. The pole was splintered clean off at ground level. I gave the 911 operator the info then went to check inside the vehicle, no one answered when I called out. Luckily no one was inside. I was so scared someone was Uncon and really hurt in there. Crews arrived. Holy LEDS from space! The Fire Chief's Tahoe could run Baja, the ambulance and 2 engines were machines of 5yo boys' dreams. Yall know that scene from The Abyss where the bright ship rises up out of the dark??...it was like that! Deputies arrived shortly after. I spoke to Chief and a Deputy then they released me since I didn't witness the crash. I continued on with my ride.

I hit 1863 to 3009. Hit 46, 311 to 3159 to Startzville. Headed back on 2722. Round trip was about 70miles on the nose.

You will both like Rebecca Creek road it is small bike friendly, but you have to get out to it several miles out of town
I'm mapping a route now based off what I did last night. If I catch Smithson Valley Rd to 46 I can run Rebecca Crk Rd to 306. I can jump off 306 to Mystic Pkwy, Mystic Shores to Potters Crk Rd back up to 306. From there down to 2763 where I can find a gas station to refill as it's ~70mi (close to reserve). From that area I can do River Rd to 46 and back on home. That'll make it ~100mi trip.

EDIT: drove the route tonight. Rebecca's creek was a great road, the residential areas were meh. I missed the turn off to Cypress Creek and ended up at 281. And the path through Mystic Pkwy looks like a gated community so I didn't turn in...gonna sort that out. Also River Rd was really narrow and at a posted 20mph, I imagine it a nightmare anytime besides very early or very late.

Last edited:
I love River Road. I rode it at least 5 times last week.

I consider 20mph to be more of a "suggestion" :)

Are there water crossings? Thinking about doing a 2up loop.

Rebecca Creek is fun, almost always gravel in the road at the 90 deg turn by the golf course other than that a load of fun and some nice sharp rises that are
wheelie good fun on the ZRX

During the week is the only time I will ride River Road

Fischer Store Road is also a great road to ride

I love River Road. I rode it at least 5 times last week.

I consider 20mph to be more of a "suggestion" :)

Lol
I was on the truck and 30 felt right. But felt like I was taking up the whole road! Saw 4 guys on Harleys going the opposite way. Tried not to crowd them out.

Are there water crossings? Thinking about doing a 2up loop.
Not IN the water...there are 4 nice bridge crossings though.

Rebecca Creek is fun, almost always gravel in the road at the 90 deg turn by the golf course other than that a load of fun and some nice sharp rises that are
wheelie good fun on the ZRX
The rises were fun in the truck too :trust:

Back