• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any Place to ride?

TECH51

Reaction score
My 11yr son and I are looking for places to ride this summer. Any one know of any were we can do single track/dual sport/trail riding. San Antonio, Austin, Killeen. I'd like to stay under 150 miles of driving to get there.

Thanks,
Bill C.

Joining DSBA and using Zars ranch would be closest, I really enjoy hidden falls up in marble falls.

I agree it would be nice to have more local options

Just northeast of Waco is Crooked Creek Cycle Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joining DSBA and using Zars ranch would be closest, I really enjoy hidden falls up in marble falls.

I agree it would be nice to have more local options

I second Hidden falls, but it's quite a drive for you.. I ride it with my wife and 2 daughters (11 & 13) and we all have a blast..

Gary

Thanks and any more spots... BTW I email Hidden Falls about a member ship and have not heard back from them (about a week ago) any idea on how much it is?

It's $500 for a year for the entire family, that gives you access to the park about 362 days of the year!!

Gary

Crooked Creek daily fee on open weekends, no memberships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can ride CTOR as well for $20 per person. Benny is the man to call. 254-217-3178. The really prefer that you ride there with someone that has been there before. But, I'm sure Benny would let you either way.

I love it out at CTOR. Great place. 4 complete trail loops and many other "off-shoot" trails as well.

Here is some info I put together and posted on Thumpertalk.

identifying it on googlemaps:
CTOR3.jpg

entrance on FM2484:
CTOR4.jpg

helpful pictures:
CTOR1.jpg

CTOR2.jpg

Thanks everyone and if you all think of anymore post it-up. And if any one wants to go riding is summer the boy and I will be ready to go...

I would suggest you try getting ahold of a DBSA member and giving Zars a try I went out there this past weekend and it was a great place to ride and would be considered rather youth friendly as well

DBSA member here. I'd be happy to host you for a day's ride. Let me know when you want to go, and even if it doesn't work for me, I can likely hook you up with another member.

The fee is $15 per rider...no charge for non-riding guests joining you. Also, if you decide to join after riding, the day fee will be credited back to you.

DBSA member here. I'd be happy to host you for a day's ride. Let me know when you want to go, and even if it doesn't work for me, I can likely hook you up with another member.

The fee is $15 per rider...no charge for non-riding guests joining you. Also, if you decide to join after riding, the day fee will be credited back to you.

Thank you and I will send you a pm in a day or two.

Bill C.

I called Benny and we are going riding this next Tuesday. Thanks for the info on these places to ride as we will be going HF the following weekend.

Back