• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any places around Carrollton to free ride

Reaction score
First Name
David
Looking to get out for about an hour today and get acquainted with the new CRF but not looking for an MX park or major venue. I would just like to find a place to mess around a little bit that I won't get in trouble for! Doesn't have to be in Carrollton but would prefer not to have to drive a long way to get the bike there because I don't have a lot of time.

I'm not plated yet so I'll just load and unload from the back of the truck.

I don't know of any free places that are also legal... I am heading for Trophy Club shortly. Twelve bucks to get in, but no chance of a ticket. If you head there look for the knucklehead on the KLR... that would be me.

Link to their web page.

So, did you get out anywhere? Trophy Club was good today. Muddy in places, but fun.

So, did you get out anywhere? Trophy Club was good today. Muddy in places, but fun.
Didn't make it to Trophy Club but did manage to get out for about a half hour. Even with the moderate temp's we had Sunday afternoon this thing was still very hard to start. I had even drained what little gas was left from the previous owner and put a couple gallons of fresh premium in the tank. I'm going to pull the carb this week and give it a clean then re-jet & needle as well. I've got a JD kit on the way.

We'll have to get together sometime at the T Club, place looks nice from what I've seen online.

It was a fun day at TC. The trails were a little soupy in areas, but overall the dirt was very nice.

I was there yesterday also. I was on the red KLR. Did I talk to Ed? Anyway that was the first time I have been on the dirt in 25 years. There was some mud, and I think I found all of it! Should have taken the XR. I will NOT take the KLR on the dirt with the stock tires again. But.....I have not had that much fun in a loooooong time.:dude:

Yep, that was Ed on the green machine. Rachel and I were also there on our bikes. We waved to you when you passed the little jump area.

Hmmmm... I'm gonna be in the Alrington/GP area at Christmas, I wonder if I should take the XR with me and break away for a few hours :trust:
no one wants to see me, they just want to see the grand baby :lol2:

Yep, that was Ed on the green machine. Rachel and I were also there on our bikes. We waved to you when you passed the little jump area.

I 've been away from dirt bikes so long I lost all my riding buddies. Do you mind if I tag along the next time y'all go up there?

I don't mind at all, and I'm pretty darn sure that Ed would love to have another KLR bumping around there. It might be close to X-mas time when we go out again. I'll let you know if we get something worked out.

Definitely! It will be after the first for me though... My time is booked until then.

Hey don't feel bad, I haven't ridden off road since I sold my CR250 back in 1991/92.

Any time the last couple weeks of the month I'm free and up for a ride also meeting a few new people.

Alright Jason, so are you going to join us when you come up here for Christmas?

Maybe he should ride my 450 at Trophy Club while he is here... :trust:

Well, let us know and we can set something up.

we're not heading up until wednesday evening (have to work :doh:), but coming home Saturday.
So Christmas afternoon unfortunately is the only real "dead time", still getting flack for wanting to be gone Christmas afternoon. I may just have to plan on the next trip :tears:, but still working on it. its all about persistance, you gotta wear 'em down :mrgreen:

Maybe he should ride my 450 at Trophy Club while he is here... :trust:

that could be dangerous :trust: just might get me in even more trouble :lol2:

Back