• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anybody in or near San Antonio?

Reaction score
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Brogden
We recently moved to La Vernia - 20 miles east of San Antonio. Any TWTEXers in this area? I'm a street bike kind of guy - like back roads with hills and sweepers.

Welcome! I am a La Vernia Police Officer. (part time)

This is me :)

https://www.lavernianews.com/articles/la-vernia-officers-go-from-small-town-to-big-screen/

I live in a few places, but I am based out of the Corpus area now San Antono has some great groups and of course, some of the best motorcycle roads in the country are all around.

Where did you move from? In the La Vernia area, because there are still dirt county roads and you are so close to the oil patch and those dirt roads, a dual sport would be fun. Of course, there are lot of Harley/cruiser folks in the area. The Cafe Racer/Euro types meet at Theory Coffee (a truck) on Saturday mornings. (Naco and 410) That is usually pretty cool. The Motorcycle shops all have rides.

We moved to SE Oklahoma from Houston in 2014 - on a small mountain about 60 miles from Texas and 60 miles from Arkansas. Great roads. We bought a wooded acre about 3 miles south of La Vernia in Oak Hollow Estates.

Hi Manfred. Welcome. I was in San Antonio but I keep edging north. Moved to Spring Branch a couple of years ago. There's a great group of people here. I've met several on little and big rides. Hope to meet you sometime. If you're ever out this way, holler.

Spring Branch is north of San Antonio?

We lived in NW Harris County for 16 years.

New Braunfels here I get down your way all the time but it is usually with the dirt bike in the truck to go ride at Zars Ranch

Yep, near the airport, but riding's been pretty thin for some time.
You can boogie west on 90 towards Castroville then sneak north to the Three Sisters.
I find the shortest route to get away from the city and the cagers.

Welcome! I live on the west side of SA. I usually meet up with people from the area at least once a month for some hill country riding. We usually stick to the pavement with the occasional co road that turns to some dirt. I ride an 05 Honda ST1300 so the dirt is not ideal. Most of the prople I ride with are riding Goldwings or STs. Reach out next time you want to go explore some back roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spring Branch is north of San Antonio?

We lived in NW Harris County for 16 years.
Yeah, about 25 or so miles north of San Antonio, depending on where you start. We are about 20 miles south of Blanco, TX.

We are in Comal county, long way from Harris.

Lucky to live at the door step to some great Texas riding.

Always smile cresting the hill with the Mexican joint on my left, knowing I survived 1604 and the increasingly dense 16 traffic between there and Helotes.
Big fun from there on.

Well there is also a Spring Branch in Houston, technically it is a district not an incorporated city
So we have Spring Branch the City, Spring the city and Spring Branch the District just to keep you on your toes when you move in from out of the area

Well there is also a Spring Branch in Houston, technically it is a district not an incorporated city
So we have Spring Branch the City, Spring the city and Spring Branch the District just to keep you on your toes when you move in from out of the area
What a popular name. Now, if we could get our Spring Branch (city) springs running, that would be great.

I'm in Boerne, just a bit West on I-10 from San Antonio. Love it hear and close to some great Hill Country riding without having to get on any major highways or the crazy drivers in SA proper.

Back