• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anybody in the San Antonio area have a 520 master link clip?

RoverT

Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
In desperate need of a master link clip for my wr250r's 520 chain. It's a DID chain but I bet most 520 master link clips would fit anyways.

If you have one near San Antonio that you'd be willing to part with please give me a shout.
Thanks!

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

I have a couple of Rivet on masterlinks for 520 chains, No clips for a standard masterlink as I used the last one to help a guy on a ride day sometime back and have not replaced it yet in the tool kit.

I have a couple of Rivet on masterlinks for 520 chains, No clips for a standard masterlink as I used the last one to help a guy on a ride day sometime back and have not replaced it yet in the tool kit.
I've never used a rivet style link, but I've got a tusk chain link compressor tool that I believe can be used to flare the pins down. I'm gonna send you a pm

Sorry had family around all day, did not check the computer much, I am home if you want to swing by tonight or in the morning

Be careful, not every 520 chain masterlink is compatible with every 520 chain. Might work as a "limp home" fix, but you should buy the correct link for your chain. I went through this on my DR-Z400SM, couldn't determine brand of chain so I bought a new one. Now I write it down.

Thats rite....pin diameter..length....plate thickness.....all can be slightly different between 520 chain types....not to mention brands.
Tensile strength ratings can be a good starting point...but then its caliper/micrometer time to be sure if you dont kno the brand or type

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

I just checked what I have is an EK O Ring chanin, Rivet masterlink They normally also come with a set of shims to set the depth which I do not seem to have any longer. It was for a street bike high tensile chain so it may indeed have thicker pins than one for a WR 250 its yours if you want it but use at your own judment and risk

I've gotten a link but it's a rivet style and my chain press tool doesn't have a riveter. Can anyone local help me out with a riveter to mushroom down the pins?

Got it all together, thanks everyone!

Back