• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anybody over 60 in Granbury area

Reaction score
So my dad thinking about getting another bike after he sold his Wing a couple years ago. Mainly because of my mother. She is not against him riding, she just like him riding solo. If I could introduce him to some fellow riders he could ride with, that would be great. He is getting probably going to choose one of my bikes, 2004 R1150GS or 91 R100GS. He is 76 I think. I might even get him on the forum.

I'm 70 and have a DL 1000 I want something lighter than 500 pounds. 75 pounds lighter makes alot of difference to me. Once I get going no problem it is just slow speed and stopping I don't like. I mostly ride my XR650L it feels like a feather after riding my big girl. I salute your dad for riding again. But he rode a wing so I'm sure he will be fine I know I will never quit.

I am putting him on one of the two GS Boxers. You should try one. The lower center of gravity makes a huge difference. I had a Tiger 800XC and always felt very heavy after riding the 1150GS. The airhead is even lighter with less technology on it.

Drunk Uncle, your dad may enjoy the Hill Country roads around Kerrville. That's a good area to meet people.

In a few days I'll be 73 and have a 30" inseam. Of my four bikes, I feel most confident on my little Kawasaki Ninja 650. It has two attributes that I appreciate: wet weight of 425 pounds and a seat height of 31'1".

I have two bikes he may choose from first. An R1150GS or R100GS. The airhead is only 460-475lbs and the oilhead feels good to me. Both should seem featherweight after the GL1800.

Thanks. I am gave him my R1150GS this past weekend, but he doesn't want it delivered until after the heat breaks. Don't blame him. I will PM you for phone and pass it on to him. Maybe have a meet up when I get it up to him.

So update to this thread. My dad ended up buying a brand new Triumph Bonneville T120. He has already hit break in miles. My little brother bought the BW80 off the classified here. Hope he converts to street legal bike. He just moved his fencing business to Weatherford and started a second one also in Weatherford.

@Old Ramblin Man my dad could meet out there. I have to drop a carb off at my brothers the Saturday after New Years weekend after hitting my dad’s place and getting him on his bike to ride out to Weatherford together. Maybe we could meet at Skinny’s for lunch.

Back