• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

anybody work with/in a CNC shop austin/san antonio ?

Reaction score
I need 2 small brackets made. the big cnc shops around here ...well its not worth their time and I can't blamethem..... I'd rather not give me money to alibaba either....
any idea where I can get this made ?

bracket.jpg

I can build them depending on size and material. I’m not local to you but I can ship. I would need dimensions, material type, quantity and how soon you need them.

thanks guys - aluminum, these are going to replace the stock chain adjustment washers on my bike, so sufficient strength 6061? not sure..
Diameter of the hole : 13mm
Width: 68mm
Height: 57mm
Length of the L portions, the the lip of bracket : 15mm
these are the rough specs and I can provide .blend/.stl files - I need only 2.
@XRSDD74 @_RG_

for that part and size, have you looked at 3d printing ? made out of hard plastic ok?

@Tourmeister
Yup I get a quote for 150+plus us, 83$ china.
Local shops in austin want 250+plus...
I'd rather give xometry/china 0USD....

@Dao
its gonna be part of my swing arm..see attached... is plastic strong enough? lol I'm starting to consider it.....I did 3d print it

frankly i should be doing this myself, but I lack tools/space. I really appreciate the help from you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_20210211_182021.jpg
    IMG_20210211_182021.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 168
  • original.jpg
    original.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 173
I would think you could find a local place with a manual mill that could knock these out pretty quickly.

Reactions: Tom
Rather than fabricating a "u” channel why not just use 90 degree angle similar to OEM out of thicker material? Eliminating the need for a machine shop altogether. Just a thought

Back