• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone changing tires in Austin proper?

There are plenty of places will let you buy your tires and do the change for you. But a lot of the places mentioned here only do the give me the tire off the rim. I haven't done anybody's tires other than my own in a bit, but I loved it when they took off the tire. Saved me a ton of time. I suspect this is exactly what the places we've mentioned here want as well... fast, easy turnaround.

Jeff, did you get the memo from Milestone ?
...no bueno...
No - what's up? I like this shop! They do all the stuff that folks in this thread say shops won't do :D

No - what's up? I like this shop! They do all the stuff that folks in this thread say shops won't do :D
They told me come july, they have to move out of their new shop. they can't afford the massive hike when lease is up for renewal end of june.

Ah, OK. I thought that new place was a bit ambitious. Their old spot was fine... small, but fine (I thought). Same thing happened to Flash motorbikes. Nice small shop, metal building, nothing fancy. Then upgraded to "showroom" type shop, and then closed in a year or two. I only found Milestone after Flash closed and I needed a tire change šŸ˜œ

Reactions: Dao
Total Performance Cycles in Pflugerville has done that for me many times. He asked if I would purchase the tires through him after going a few times with tires I already had. If you bring the tires in, he charged $25 each. The last time I purchased the tires through them but at a higher price than can find online. Mounting was free then, so was a toss up. Super nice guy, lots of experience. I know, not Austin proper.

The last time I purchased the tires through them but at a higher price than can find online. Mounting was free then, so was a toss up. Super nice guy, lots of experience. I know, not Austin proper.

I would gladly make the ride to Pflugerville and pay storefront retail for the tires if they are ride-in-ride-out mounted while you wait for "free". If I could have done that at RideNow Georgetown I would have, but they didn't have the tires I wanted. And that's the rub!

But the point is, while I don't really like doing tire changes, not so much the tires part but the wheel remove/install part, I really don't like doing stuff like carb cleaning and I really don't want to even know whether I like doing stuff like clutch replacement. So I would really like to have a shop that I trust to do some of this work for me down the line. The way the shop can get me in the door is with tire changes. I guess they have so much business, they can afford to turn away well-to-do suburbanites with 5 motorcycles in their garages.

Back