• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone done this or planning to do so?

Excellent! I'm going with a buddy that did it last year. We will both be on 500's. Starting at Roaring River SP and riding to a little hotel near Freeburg. Then on to Mexico next day. Sunday we will play around with the skills deal then try to do the trail backwards, hopefully making camp by 9 PM.

OK. I was wondering if this was a one day or 2 day ride. Are you saying you are going to take 2 days to ride to Mexico & 1 day ride back to Roaring River? 550 miles?

Yes, 2 days up and one back. Sunday we will mix it up with dirt roads and twistys. Slab isn't any fun (for me) on a 500 dirt bike.

Hey Frank, we talked with the organizers and they talked us out of starting at the extreme start on Friday. Said we would need to start Thursday or ride late into the night. Instead we will drive the RV up the the Phillips 66 (SW and SE merge) and start there. Still plan to ride back from Mexico on Sunday.

Hey Frank, we talked with the organizers and they talked us out of starting at the extreme start on Friday. Said we would need to start Thursday or ride late into the night. Instead we will drive the RV up the the Phillips 66 (SW and SE merge) and start there. Still plan to ride back from Mexico on Sunday.
I spoke with them also. We are still planning on doing the extreme start location. We thought we would take shortcuts later if needed. Good luck on your ride.

Back