• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone going to the Spanish Border Adventure Ride in Colorado June 10-14?

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Butler
Wondering if anybody else is going to do the Spanish Border Adventure Ride in Colorado June 10-14? I am just getting back into dual sport rides and trying to meet new people from this group... :) Just got a brand new DR650 and am starting to mod it...

On the Spring ride we will Lodge in Tres Piedras and Taos, New Mexico.

Spring ride Day 1 we will ride up to the Oiser Railroad depot high in the Mountains on the Colorado , New Mexico border. Then ride around Antonito Mountain to the Chili Line Depot for meals and lodging.

Day 2 ride above the Rio Grande Gorge and then into the gorge on our way the back way over the High road to spend the night in Taos.

Day 2 afternoon route you could visit the Black Rock Hot Springs on the Rio Grande river.

Day 3 we ride up the Red River Canyon, to above and around the Questa Mine, then ride around Ute Mountain on Little used 2 track to the oldest city in Colorado, San Luis. This is an Epic Route very few have explored.

Then over the last bridge in Colorado on the Rio Grande on our way back to Antonito and the oldest church in Colorado.

On the last day of each ride we will take an interesting ride off road in the San Luis Valley back to the old Antonito High School where your truck has been securely parked. Have an early dinner and say Adios.

The Spring ride we will come up from the South into the San Luis Valley. The Autumn ride we will come down into the Valley from the North.

These are spectacular rides most people would not do on their own, in a part of the Country with very few people. Get out of the House and come ride ?

• GPS Tracks (Cell Phone compatible)
  • 3 Days of riding
  • 3 nights Lodging (1 night at the Old High School included, bring your camping gear)
  • 2 breakfasts (Fri, Sat), 2 Dinners (Thurs, & Sun)
  • Food available at the Chili Line Depot and in Taos, NM
  • Luggage Portage
  • Chase Truck
  • Fuel Portage
  • Local support
  • Exit Tours Club membership
  • Ride with GPS Club membership
  • Camaraderie
  • Bonfires
  • T-Shirt & a participation pin
  • Passengers are Welcome.
  • GPS tracks will be provided via email before the event.
  • Go places you wouldn’t go on your own.

I have been looking at their website...thinking maybe the ride 5 thru 8 of Aug as it has single track routes involved and hub and spoke type of rides from the lodge. Let us know how your ride goes.

I have been looking at their website...thinking maybe the ride 5 thru 8 of Aug as it has single track routes involved and hub and spoke type of rides from the lodge. Let us know how your ride goes.
I will thanks. I would do that one as well, except I am a High School teacher and we have to be back at school for annual training that week.

Surprised I've not heard of it. Thanks for posting . I'll be in the area already doing other things. Will keep up in my radar.
Looking forward to your report. It'll be warmer than you think BTW.

Surprised I've not heard of it. Thanks for posting . I'll be in the area already doing other things. Will keep up in my radar.
Looking forward to your report. It'll be warmer than you think BTW.
You were right! It was very warm! Pictures posted in the "After the Ride" area on Dual Sport riding section! (you'll notice day 1 jacket, days 2 and 3 - no jacket, lol)

Back