• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone have a sandblaster that fits a frame?

Reaction score
I've been trying to get a frame sand blasted to powder coat a frame but it's begun to be more trouble than its worth trying to get in contact with someone who can do it for me.

I figure if I could sandblast this frame I could just paint it myself but I dont have the space for a sandblasted sadly.

Was curious if anyone out there would let me sandblast a frame and some parts. I'd be willing to rent it or pay for materials, whichever works.

I know you said you don't have the space, but it would almost be easier to just buy this little guy, use it and then sell it on Craigslist for $50 when you are done with it. Or just keep it since it is small. But you don't need a cabinet to contain everything in.

I actually just realized this and am currently looking into it. Probably gonna be the route I take, wire wheel first, sandblast second

Call Donnie at DRB Blasting in San Antonio He should be able to knock it out quick for you
Alamo City Soda Blasting is another good source

both in the San Antonio area

I actually just realized this and am currently looking into it. Probably gonna be the route I take, wire wheel first, sandblast second
You need a really great sized compressor to run a blast pot, 80 gallons and 5 or more HP as a base compressor in the grand scheme. You could possibly run it on less but you would only be blasting for a few moments and then waiting on the air to recharge.

Ok, here are some realistic compressor figures for a good blast pot. These are very accurate I was in this industry for 20 years. Yes you can get by with more if you want to have your smaller compressor run flat out and wait as your pressure builds as Rob states above after a few minutes. When buying a compressor figure a conservative 4CFM for each HP of Compressor as its output in real life situations

1612926103524.png

Attachments

• 1612925853275.png
    1612925853275.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 135
I’ve got a 185 cfm compressor a blasting pot and sand but I take all my work to a blasting yard , I set my stuff up one time and ten minuets later decided that’s one job I’m perfectly happy paying somebody else to do .

Back