• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone planning to do the KTM Adventure Rally in Colorado, Sept. 2019?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
I've never attended one of these rallies. Have any of you? If so, what were your impressions?

Is there anyone planning to attend this year's rally?

Might be a good birthday trip for me. I'll put it on my schedule. Thanks.

Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I'm surprised that with so many KTM owners on this forum and this being the 16th year of the rally that someone here hasn't attended.

Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I'm surprised that with so many KTM owners on this forum and this being the 16th year of the rally that someone here hasn't attended.

I think they get more of the folks from the Western half of the country. Having it in Colorado this year makes it closer than usual for us compared to years past I think. I'd love to go. I just don't know if I can get the time off or buy a KTM 500 EXC by then :-P

I THINK about it every year, lol. It's been in Colorado before, that's how I found Gunnison area. I was looking into going but just went in the truck with wife. You thinking of going? Wonder if ok on nonKTM?

Rob, this from the link.
The KTM Adventure Rider Rally is designed for KTM ADVENTURE and ENDURO owners but is open to all brands of street legal motorcycles.

So You should be good to go.
Thanks, I just found this on ADV rider. Something to think about. 250 just for the rally, plus room and getting there, hmmmm.

Thanks, I just found this on ADV rider. Something to think about. 250 just for the rally, plus room and getting there, hmmmm.
I think that's the reason right there you don't see a lot of people joining it from here. What do you even get for that $250 a T-shirt and a few meals?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

KTM puts on a great event!! I have been to three of them & had a great time at ALL.

For me the map downloads for their self-guided rides in unfamiliar off the paved road territory alone are worth the registration plus my brain waves seem to be closer to their perception and description of required skill level and difficulty. I travel solo so less anxiety than from the wide variations in descriptions of perceived difficulty in tracks posted by well-meaning folks.
Unless you’re camping out don’t forget about sources like Airbnb. Nice roomy housing where you can pull up to the front door can be found for less than the hosting resort. I snagged a town home one mile away with a garage to keep my bikes in for 1/3 less.

This however will be my first extended stay at an elevation of 9600 feet. My experience at mountain biking around Salt Lake was a physically debilitating experience due to the thin air. I noticed in the resort amenities there is a 02 bar where you can go huff some oxygen. Not very reassuring.

For me, the key to avoiding altitude issues has been to stay well hydrated and avoid too much alcohol. Also, driving out there gives me more time to adjust than say flying out there.

It affects folks differently though.

Vinny, when is your birthday? Mine is the 24th

I feel like they are being a bit cylinder exclusionary with the statement "2-Cylinder KTM ADVENTURE motorcycles (790cc –1290cc) are required to participate in the ULTIMATE RACE QUALIFIER."

Feel so inadequate with my big bore single cylinder Husky

If you miss the rally maybe you can see some of the activity from the vantage point of this live cam. Looks like a lot of people called in sick to work today.

Could find myself in that neighborhood around then. Probably be some newish territory for me. Don't spend much time that far north.

I want to see lots of awesome pics and professionally edited video :nana:

Maybe I need a new KTM Adventure bike!!! I don't get back from a work trip until the 11th, but that is still enough time to hook up a trailer and do a beeline trip to CO.

Vinny, when is your birthday? Mine is the 24th

I feel like they are being a bit cylinder exclusionary with the statement "2-Cylinder KTM ADVENTURE motorcycles (790cc –1290cc) are required to participate in the ULTIMATE RACE QUALIFIER."

Feel so inadequate with my big bore single cylinder Husky
19th

Back