• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone ride in Forma Cape Horn boots?

Hmm

Reaction score
I have one cheap pair of Bilt boots that are ok for general riding but the sole is pretty stiff for walking around in off the bike. I am wanting some boots that are warm in cooler weather and I am looking pretty hard at the Forma Cape Horns.

Here are some feature requirements needed:

Ease of entry - I have limited mobility in my ankles which makes it hard for me to "turn the corner" in regular pull on boots. The Cape Horns are said to have a very large opening. I bought my cheap Bilts because of the long side zipper which allows my crummy, stiff ankles to get into the boot.

Waterproof - I'm not worried about stream crossings because I ride on pavement. However, I did own one pair of waterproof boots in the past thinking they would be good in any season and I ended up with a swimming pool in each boot in the summer. The waterproof liner in the Cape Horns should provide a warm interior when riding for extended periods in 50-60 degree weather. So maybe my waterproof requirement actually should be called cold proof.

Walkability - I want a sole that is flexible enough to be able to not have to pack a separate pair of shoes to get around town on foot once I get to the town that I am going to.

Revzilla has the Cape Horns for 279.00. Before I spend that much on a pair of boots, I would like input on them from those that have used these. Also, if you know of another manufacturer and model of boot that would satisfy my peculiar feature requirements, I would love to hear about them.

Thanks.

I have the Forma Adventure low ...

Easy to get on and snap.
Comfortable to walk in ... once broken in.
But still give good support.

Low because I have fat calves ...

Yo no se about Cape Horns other than I saw them in my googles for Adventure Low threads.

I just ordered a pair of Forma Adenture Lows, in black. Saw the Atomic Moto video, along with a lot of reviews, and they sold me. The 'a hiking boot made for riding' is what sold me. I hike. I can relate to hiking boots too and anticipate knowing what I might get. For riding I have a pair of street boots, I have a pair of MX boots, but I got the Forma Lows to fit the in between.

A friend has the mx style boot and loves the fit!

I come back to Spring on March 5 (today). I've got a pair in the garage I'm not using. let me check the size. pm me your phone number.

I come back to Spring on March 5 (today). I've got a pair in the garage I'm not using. let me check the size. pm me your phone number.
First dibs to the OP of course...

But if they are 46's...then I'd be interested. 👍🏻

[emoji965][emoji965][emoji965][emoji965][emoji965][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back