• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone riding Dirt in North Texas tomorrow 12/29 or Tuesday 1/1

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Loggins
Don't really have any plans but a ride sounds fun. Would probably go to RRMT as a default, but could go somewhere else if there was a group going. Yes...it's a bit cold. But I'm fat so it doesn't bother me much.

Intermediate rider, prefer spirited pace but don't mind riding slower as long as we can exert enough energy to stay warm.

Last edited:
i am up for some off road .maybe time 2 ride in walnut springs red river if we could get a small group .expert level love SPIRITED pace lol

i am up for some off road .maybe time 2 ride in walnut springs red river if we could get a small group .expert level love SPIRITED pace lol

My guess is Time to Ride will still be pretty muddy. That black gumbo doesn't handle rain as well as the sand at RRMT. As such, I'd prefer Red River. You thinking tomorrow or Tuesday? My preference is probably Tuesday as it will allow more time to "build" a group and @GLFlyer is a maybe for Tuesday if we get his bike fixed on Monday. The bad is that Tuesday would appear to be about 4 degrees cooler than tomorrow. High of 37 vs. 41. It's cold either way....but high 30's is starting to get to my limit.

My guess is Time to Ride will still be pretty muddy. That black gumbo doesn't handle rain as well as the sand at RRMT. As such, I'd prefer Red River. You thinking tomorrow or Tuesday? My preference is probably Tuesday as it will allow more time to "build" a group and @GLFlyer is a maybe for Tuesday if we get his bike fixed on Monday. The bad is that Tuesday would appear to be about 4 degrees cooler than tomorrow. High of 37 vs. 41. It's cold either way....but high 30's is starting to get to my limit.

I'm thinking Tuesday would be members only. Not sure about that, as their website is down.

yep time to ride closed do to rain kinda thought that i live 20 minutes from there .tuesday is okay weather permitting .and i think james is right might be members only .i know this week was i checked last week

We've got 4 possibles for Tuesday so I'm tempted to try for it.

But...forecast says sunny and high of 36. Sunny part sounds good, high of 36 is pretty cold.

You guys still want to try for it? It will probably be around 32 when we start riding in the morning and we'll be breaking ice in puddles on the trail. Could be an Adventure... but would be a cold one.

Alternatively...we wait for a warmer day. Saturday the 5th has a forecasted high of 56. That sounds quite a bit more pleasant to ride in.

Thoughts?

I'd be in for a 5th ...

How about turning it into a camp out, meet on the 4th Friday? You talking about red river or ttr?

Weather looks perfect for red river

309ff539973d181ecb31286cc4631595.jpg

Might consider camping at RRMT on Friday night. Camp in my trailer and ride Saturday. Bring my grill and cook some hamburgers.

I am humbled in the presence of you tough guys. Way too cold for this little baby to venture out to ride.

so it looks like were gonna due the 5 th i my even talk a couple of my moto buddys too go off road .they hate trees scratches there pretty helmets lol

I am humbled in the presence of you tough guys. Way too cold for this little baby to venture out to ride.

Forecast is creeping into the 60s, now.
Cinch it up, Doug. I don't want to be the FSG ...

Red River is members only for Friday night admission. If you want to camp and are not a member, it's easier to camp Saturday night. (Or you'll need to have a member get you in on Friday.

Membership isn't a bad deal, but only makes financial sense if you go at least 5 or more times a year.

I am not a member. I still am planning on riding Saturday the 5th, but I have family plans that night so i won't be camping.

I guess I will head to the lbj grasslands to camp Friday

Last edited:
Kevin.....let me know where when you get there. I may join you. Will be car camping though as I don't want to try and ride the WR there.

I'm planning on being at Red River Motorcycle Trails around 9AM on Saturday morning. I'll try to get a spot down by the river in the middle camping area. I'll post what vehicle I'm in as it gets closer. Not sure if it will be a truck or SUV with a trailer.

If all the maybe and yes responses turn into participants, it looks like we'll have 5 or 6.

Kevin.....let me know where when you get there. I may join you. Will be car camping though as I don't want to try and ride the WR there.
Dave, I will be there around 3ish. Since your bringing your car, can you pack some firewood? I think one other is coming as well.

Dave, I will be there around 3ish. Since your bringing your car, can you pack some firewood? I think one other is coming as well.
Sure. Although...I'm sure there's mesquite to burn.. :).

Back