• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone riding Dirt in North Texas tomorrow 12/29 or Tuesday 1/1

Dang it! The weather is looking great and I'd love to ride RRMT but I'm still banged up from a prior outing and not healing as quickly as I'd hoped. Old age sucks!

If I have a miracle recovery, and my wife doesn't shoot me, I'll try and head that way.

I can pic up some firewood. I'll have my trailer, so, there is extra room so someone can sleep in the trailer as well. I will bring a cot and my air mattress. I have a little buddy heater. Is there anything else ? Go to RRMT Saturday morning.

I can pic up some firewood. I'll have my trailer, so, there is extra room so someone can sleep in the trailer as well. I will bring a cot and my air mattress. I have a little buddy heater. Is there anything else ? Go to RRMT Saturday morning.
Sounds good. If I'm in my wife's SUV, she'd prefer I don't carry firewood so it would be great if you brought some.

Yes on the heading to RRMT on Saturday morning. Probably break camp around 7, find some breakfast between LBJ and RRMT try to arrive for riding around 9.
(Or at least that is my probable plan)

Hey, can you guys post up some trail conditions Saturday after you ride? I might like to venture out there Sunday, but not if it is a mudfest.

Hey, can you guys post up some trail conditions Saturday after you ride? I might like to venture out there Sunday, but not if it is a mudfest.
Ive been there quite a bit after rain. With all the sand and rocks, Red River handles rain very well. There will be muddy spots, in sections of trails and in the usual mud holes but it will definitely be rideable and not a pure mud fest.

Bills Woods will probably be muddy and extremely difficult but other places will be great.

I am loaded. Probably leave around 3 tomorrow and be at camp by 5 unless I can get away from work earlier.

Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Planning on being at RRMT btwn 8 and 9 on Saturday. Will be in a white Nissan Pathfinder with a Kendon trailer, xr400, and ktm300.

I usually park in the first pavilion area to the left.

About the same as at Lake Mexia ?

yep

I am loaded. Probably leave around 3 tomorrow and be at camp by 5 unless I can get away from work earlier.

Looking forward to it.

perfect, I am leaving around 1ish

I will be within 100 yards of the posted coordinates. Just look for an awesome motorcycle with a hammock set up next to it :)

Nice night to camp

Attachments

• 20190104_201324.jpg
    20190104_201324.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 205
Ready and waiting

Attachments

• 15467007294921596710607226407859.jpg
    15467007294921596710607226407859.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 208
Ok. I apologize for saying Red River handles water well and never gets too muddy.

It's muddy. They got 2 inches of rain last week and the ground was already saturated. More standing water and mud than Ive ever seen there.

It got better as the day went on and I still had a blast, but I can't say it wasn't muddy.

Had a good time, glad to have met Justin and to have seen Mitch and David again.

Enjoyed the camping. Even though Kevin had to do extra work as someone failed to bring firewood. Enjoyed listening to Dave and Kevin discuss bikes and maintenance. Also, enjoyed the ride RRMT but I need a lot of practice. The older I get, I am mindful of not wanting to break anything, mainly myself. That kinda takes away from the fun at times. More practice.

Back