• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone riding Dirt in North Texas tomorrow 12/29 or Tuesday 1/1

Enjoyed the camping. Even though Kevin had to do extra work as someone failed to bring firewood. Enjoyed listening to Dave and Kevin discuss bikes and maintenance. Also, enjoyed the ride RRMT but I need a lot of practice. The older I get, I am mindful of not wanting to break anything, mainly myself. That kinda takes away from the fun at times. More practice.

And the letters KLR never once came up :)

I would like to add, it was muddy. I took the safe route, I practiced on easy stuff and still managed to drop the bike once. Each time Dave and Justin showed up at the park area, their bikes had additional mud. Enjoyed visiting with Mitch and Justin. Oh and thanks to Justin for some of the stories. I think after the story telling, JQ1 qualifies as a legend of sorts. Seriously though, the weekend was fun and the people is what makes things special. I really look forward to more opportunities with the TWT group.

Ok. I apologize for saying Red River handles water well and never gets too muddy.

It's muddy. They got 2 inches of rain last week and the ground was already saturated. More standing water and mud than Ive ever seen there...

Yeah, that last storm we had was exceptional. I'm not surprised you guys had serious mud.
thanks for posting up the conditions. Looks like I made the right decision to wait, although I ran into plenty of mud myself riding down near Cleburne. Seems as though all of North Texas is still pretty saturated.

Those trails look a lot easier than I thought they'd be. Good to know.

Here's a video I shot Saturday.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Videos/i-gwgJX94/0/a986b7a5/1280/RR_0119_01_1080p-1280.mp4

Just an old man putting around and enjoying the day.

Also, first time working with my camera ... a GoPro knock-off that was $20 via Amazon on black Friday.
Doesn't appear to have the same color saturation that a Hero 5 or 6 has and the interface is a bit clunky.
Looking good. That's not bad at all for a $20 camera.

That sand is deeper and harder than it looks.

Looking good. That's not bad at all for a $20 camera.

That sand is deeper and harder than it looks.

Camera will do, for sure.

First time out there doing my own thing.
Trying to get a lay of the land.
About every cross trail I came too, I stopped and looked around, looking for land marks in order to find my way out.
It's like a maze ...

When I stopped at that old car frame, had I gone to the left instead of the right, it would have taken me to the Red Bull barn, correct?

Back