• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone rode a CB300R?

Monica

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has gotten on the new Honda CB300R? I went by Kent the other day after work to pick up chain lube but I got distracted by the bikes in the Honda nook. I walked over and started looking at the CB300F and Rs they had. They remind me so much of my Japan spec VTR250, my first bike and one I really adored. Anyway, I sat on the 300R and I'm on tiptoes. Funny thing is, as I stood the bike up I almost swung it over too far to the other side, it was so light! For me to stand up a bike with only my tip toes is unheard of. I scooted side to side one foot down and this thing was crazy easy to keep up. Honda was not kidding when they claimed weight reduction was a major goal for this bike. They nailed it.

I have been eyeballing the G310GS and the RE Himalayan for a little offroad capability, but cheese on a cracker if I'm not really thrilled about the prospect of riding the 300R.

Does not look like an "off the road" bike like the BMW and Enfield do, but I guess you could make it into that.

Have you ridden the BMW or RE?

I have not ridden the BMW or the RE. I've sat on the BMWs (310gs and 310r) at the dealer and hopefully the Himalayan will be in this week so I can sit on that. Unfortunately riding any bike before purchase is out, it's not a possibility. I have to modify a bike to ride, right hand only. Which means I buy on research and gut feel then go with what I selected. Great thing about that method is I have no comparisons other than bikes I've purchased/modified/ridden so I have no idea what I am missing lol

The CB300R is definitely not an off the road bike, they call it 'neo-sport cafe'. Although a small part of me was hoping Rally Raid would jump in like they did for the Honda CB500X, and subsequently the 310GS (I followed a ride report on this bike build which is where I'm referencing my thoughts from). I'm hoping their experience on that Honda then the move to the smaller adventure bike in the 310gs would naturally have them flow into that smaller, lighter 300R. Or perhaps Honda would spring for a "300x" if their R goes well and follow BMWs hint and give the 500x a little brother. (But since Honda came with the crf250, I doubt it.) The 300r would need a lot of work to get it offroad worthy as I look at it with my very amatuer offroad eye. So it might not be possible or feasible. None the less, it's still on my mind as a bike I could have in my garage. What sticks in my mind is that even though I was on my tiptoes on a >250cc bike, it was the weight or lack-there-of that is confidence inspiring. I haven't ever been in a situation like that on a bike and that feeling is new-to-me, and I like it! I told myself I'm not bike shopping and spend more time with what I have, but that's not working. This weather is absolutely disgusting and depressing, I'm so cooped up :twitch:

It will be fine for what most on this forum call "dual sport". I rode a Ducati Monster, 250 ninja and a 650 ninja lots of places people said they couldn't go. Forest roads and double track will be fine at normal speeds as long as it isn't muddy.

:popcorn: , if there was a tent emoji , that too. I bet you'd love that RE. And its got a "style" factor that going to suit you. Believe it's not so tall too. Just may be too heavy for your taste.

:popcorn: , if there was a tent emoji , that too. I bet you'd love that RE. And its got a "style" factor that going to suit you. Believe it's not so tall too. Just may be too heavy for your taste.
Yeah really dig the RE's style, it looks good :cool2: I'm off today, I may drive over to the shop and see if it came in.

Ok, now I see. Funny how it starts getting hot and begins burning in the pocket. The bad part about it, i approve, lol. As I understand you are a lighter than average rider so something like a re, even though it is underpowered for my fat ace, would mean big power for you. Fuel injected, nice. Tons of torque .

Last edited:
....the black one :drool:
I went by the shop but the bikes (white and black) were not there yet, scheduled to arrive sometime today.

Yup I am lighter than the average human so doesn't take a lot of bike to move me. What I do need is for it to keep up with traffic, at least 70; 75 would be better. I came into a 55mph reduced speed limit with one of those radar and signs. The veh in front of me when by at like 67, the numbers flashed in a disapproving red color. I'm thinking I'm coming in hot as I'm rolling downhill and have a good tuck, it's gonna be big... I went by, it flashed a big green "53" and a "THANK YOU!!" at the bottom
:haha: :argh:

Plenty of information over at adv.

Much appreciated. I've looked through a thread or two over there but hadn't found actual owners discussing it yet. I ran into a neocafe forum with a guy doing mods to his and he's pretty much the only guy posting. It's just so new much of the talk is speculation. I'll keep reading.

Back