• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone using Domio helmet audio?

Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Haywood
Ran across this on YouTube last night.

Anyone using this system?

Looks interesting, it vibrates the helmet shell to create the listening environment which would be a huge variable & also very limiting as to the audio bandwidth for music listening.

Watched another YouTube. Sounds like Custom Support has a longer way to come.

FWIW I have seriously considered installing something like this in my helmet, which would accomplish something similar to the Domio setup... but instead of trying to use the helmet shell as a transducer, it would use bone conduction under the cheek pads. You'd have to put the "module" in the chinbar of your helmet to get the microphone to work.

My wife uses these (https://aftershokz.com/us/products/air) at the gym & I'm actually pretty impressed. However, if your helmet padding fits properly there's no way to get them in the correct location & they will not work unless contacting the jaw hinge area directly.

We have the Cardo & have been super happy, both for listening and communicating but again, headphone placement is critical. I wear an Arai XR4D safely tight and the Cardo JBL models can be positioned comfortably by my ears.

Last edited:
Back