• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: April Meet n Greet and Eat with A Ride On the Side 4/12/2015

If we cannot find a place close by. We can camp at my place in Lampasas if anyone is interested Saturday night? Plenty of tent space and a few trees for hammocks.

Drew, that's very generous of you.
Do you have, err, umm, 'facilities' to handle a crowd?
Thanks!

:rider:

Drew, that's very generous of you.
Do you have, err, umm, 'facilities' to handle a crowd?
Thanks!

Inside type if your asking about a water closet. Soon outside variety but not in time for this I don't think. Fire ring and plenty of wood for a camp cook out.

Inside type if your asking about a water closet. Soon outside variety but not in time for this I don't think. Fire ring and plenty of wood for a camp cook out.

Is there an electrical outlet within 50' of the tentative campsite?
I travel with a CPAP and 50' extension cord
Clay

KP, yes it's nice and close to me. Kindly put me down on the IN Crowd list, please. Not sure if it will be on 2 or 4 wheels, but I'll be happy to drool over the other two wheelers there and be jealous of those who get to ride more than I. Will be nice to see you, Gina, maybe a few others i met last year, and meet some new folks too.

And from one shy person to the others, This is a good group of people. I'm still pretty new, but KP and the regulars are super easy going.

Guys,
Looks like a nice place. I have ridden by there several times and wondered if it is good Q.
But this is the same weekend as MotoGP and I'm flagging the races again this year.
So I'm an No.

Enjoy the riding in the area. Lots of great roads around there.

Hope to make the next one.

Alex

Is there an electrical outlet within 50' of the tentative campsite?
I travel with a CPAP and 50' extension cord
Clay

Yes we can run it out under the garage door. We have before to power other campers stuff in their trailer and such.

Not exactly a "new" place. Use to be Riley's BBQ. However, this is entirely new pit master, menu, etc.. so, yeah.. it's new. :giveup:

Pretty good eatin' there! :eat:

They have two "classes" of beef brisket. I forget what they call them but, the cheaper one is real good and the expensive one is .. OH WOW!!!

Count me in.
If anyone from San Antonio or vicinity wants to do a meandering ride up there or from there after eating, let me know.

Ride Safe, Ride Often,
Neal

Ill be riding up from victoria/cuero area and wouldn't mind 2 wheel company as we

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

There is a Corps of Engineers camp ground, Potters Creek Park, less than 30 min from Blanco. it is on Canyon Lake.

11 sites avail, "standard electric" $26. max 10 people. doesn't state # of vehicles allowed. we would need to talk with the park directly.

i have not been to this park. but it would appear to be an option. Other Corps parks i have been to were perfectly fine.

There is a Corps of Engineers camp ground, Potters Creek Park, less than 30 min from Blanco. it is on Canyon Lake.

11 sites avail, "standard electric" $26. max 10 people. doesn't state # of vehicles allowed. we would need to talk with the park directly.

i have not been to this park. but it would appear to be an option. Other Corps parks i have been to were perfectly fine.

I found this on the Corps of Engineers Potters Creek webpage, but it gave me a headache trying to figure out their policy. I reckon we should get Carl to read it...

"RV Sites:
Parking is 2 vehicles overnight per single use site, 4 per double and 6 per triple. You are allowed a maximum of 2 visitor vehicles per single use, 4 per double use and 6 per triple use sites. BUT all visitor vehicles must be outside the gate by 10pm.

Tent Sites:
A maximum of 3 vehicles over night and NO other guest cars. No RVs, pop-ups or any form of pull behind trailer is allowed unless it fits in the car parking slot. If it can not fit with in your spot and NOT stick out in the road, then it must leave the park or move to another site.

ANYTHING that takes up a parking space counts as a vehicle. This includes boats, RVs, 5th wheels, pop ups, jet skies, trailer for water craft, etc.
"

If all the are worried about is vehicles sticking out in the road, no problem.

The same page also says 2 tents per tent or RV site. They also have double and triple RV sites that allow 4 or 6 tents each, probably double and triple the rate, disrespectfully.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/canyon/Recreation/Parks/Corpsparks.asp#Potters

Last edited:
I found this on the Corps of Engineers Potters Creek webpage, but it gave me a headache trying to figure out their policy. I reckon we should get Carl to read it...

Carl the Wise to the white courtesy phone please...

Thanks JT, you certainly dug deeper than i did. I'm thinking talking to someone on site might give the best insight into what they will allow.

I could ride out there tomorrow (monday) NP. Check out the amenities, talk to the folks in charge... But, not sure the interest for camping is there?

What say ya'll? Are we up for another get together?

Carl the Wise to the white courtesy phone please...

Thanks JT, you certainly dug deeper than i did. I'm thinking talking to someone on site might give the best insight into what they will allow.

I could ride out there tomorrow (monday) NP. Check out the amenities, talk to the folks in charge... But, not sure the interest for camping is there?

I'll camp,someone else will have to be camp master I work till 4 on Saturdays and work further away by 40 minutes than my home port. Any volunteers? Have tent will travel.

"RV Sites:
Parking is 2 vehicles overnight per single use site, 4 per double and 6 per triple. You are allowed a maximum of 2 visitor vehicles per single use, 4 per double use and 6 per triple use sites. BUT all visitor vehicles must be outside the gate by 10pm.

Tent Sites:
A maximum of 3 vehicles over night and NO other guest cars. No RVs, pop-ups or any form of pull behind trailer is allowed unless it fits in the car parking slot. If it can not fit with in your spot and NOT stick out in the road, then it must leave the park or move to another site.

ANYTHING that takes up a parking space counts as a vehicle. This includes boats, RVs, 5th wheels, pop ups, jet skies, trailer for water craft, etc.
"

If all the are worried about is vehicles sticking out in the road, no problem.

The same page also says 2 tents per tent or RV site. They also have double and triple RV sites that allow 4 or 6 tents each, probably double and triple the rate, disrespectfully.

This place looks promising. Are you able to get there earlier Saturday and get a few spots?

I am having charging issues on my vstrom. I may have to bail.

Gotcha. Any volunteers???

We can always hang at my place in Lampasas...........no entry fees,excess parking and a easy going park ranger.

Last edited:

Sure, I'll even try to stay awake longer this time.

Looking more at the US Army Corps of Engineer's site, they offer:

Single sites - 2 tents, or 1 RV and 1 tent; $26
Double sites - 4 tents, or 2 RVs and 2 tents; $40
Triple sites - 6 tents, or 3 RVs and 3 tents; $60
Tent sites - 2 tents; $20

If a lot of folks will be tenting, for $100, they offer the Group Pavilion with room for 20 tents.

Did anyone have any luck getting hold of a real person? Pictures and other info here:

ALL sites have water and electricity and sheltered picnic table. The larger the site, the larger the slab and shelter at the picnic table.

Now all that needs doing is finding out who will commit for what nights. Finding out what is available, and getting them reserved.

The above noted, K-P's Hilton sounds very good too. Not that much farther and easier for Drew to get there after work.
Besides, with an easy going Ranger, we might get away with raiding his beer stash - or fridge before he gets home.

Either is fine with me, but I vote for the K.P. Hilton Resort.
What say the rest of you campers?

Back