• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Aprilia RS660 and Tuono 660 - Unveiled Today!

Reaction score
Finally! Aprilia is coming out with a midsize bike. Back when the RS250 was winning championships, I remember talking about how great it would be to have a 600 cc Aprilia road bike. Well, it's only taken about 20 years.

While the RS660 lines look amazing, my old(er) body would probably settle for the Tuono 660.

11-rs-660.jpg

aprilia-tuono-660-concept-asphaltandrubber-scaled.jpg

Is it just me or was that the most underwhelming "Action" motorcycle video ever made? They could take some lessons from KTM, they know how to make some exciting videos to get you pumped for the product.

These are interesting bikes. Yes, Houston has an Aprilia dealer, but by reputation, are not stellar. Cool weather brings back bike shopping season.

AF1 is the best motorcycle dealer in TX best I can tell. I have bought Moto Guzzi parts from them several times.

Does anyone have experience with Team Extreme in Houston, on SW Freeway? They are Guzzi and Aprilia dealer, but nobody seems to like them.
And they are close to home.

I wanted one, but didn't have the cash for the deposit. Still interested though, so will check out the RS when it hits the dealers.

Pretty bike to be sure. Just right HP. Lightweight. I wonder what seat height and geometry is? Or wait for more naked Tuono?

Does anyone have experience with Team Extreme in Houston, on SW Freeway? They are Guzzi and Aprilia dealer, but nobody seems to like them.
And they are close to home.
They have no buying power so they never have anything new on the floor, parts in stock and the techs have general motorcycle knowledge, not specific training in all the high tech stuff, so they're just parts changers. They don't have the money to send staff to train somewhere because they just don't move enough product to make money. Just talking to them when I was interested in a Caponord Rally, showed they were clueless and plenty of people I know gave up on them after the first time they were needed, choosing to do the work themselves if it was fairly easy or just driving to AF1.

Bike was officially introduced earlier this weekend. Pricing should be announced for the US within the next couple of weeks. What a cool bike!

Ej9VVlMU4AAO-NC?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Ej8sbr8WsAElMtI?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Ej8sbr1XgAEbOHG?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

In Italian but I'm sure everything he said was "that's one awesome bike right there."

That gold/red is a classic Moto Guzzi combination. Piaggio owns both brands.

If we had a decent Houston Aprilia dealer, I would be all over this bike.

Point of note
The tester stated.
3 other bikes are on the way with same engine configuration.
The Tuono, the Adventure and the Tuareg (strange name considering VW pulled it b/c of their association w/ Al-Qaeda)
All just above €10,000.

Aprilia sold The Tuareg 600 in the late 80s and early 90s. It’s a nod to their history.

Tuono, I assume would be a naked, more upright version. If these bikes ever hit Houston, I may ride in to sit on one.

All three of those color combos look great. I like the purplish/blue one the best.

I emailed Ed at AF1 in Austin. He said they have pre-sold over a dozen of these bikes, with final US cost yet to be set.
He also said they hope first delivery is next spring. That would be early 2021, so it will be a wait while the Italians, those very fine people who make the best wine, food and art on the planet, and music...crank up production. Make mine the acid green. Guzzi may get traded. But not here in Houston. We will see. I have been pondering trading my MV for a Ducati 1200 S Monster, for now I am going to keep my canoli chilled.

I wonder if M. Galuzzi from Piaggio design center in CA waved his Italian magic wand over this bike?

Back