• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Are any of you guys very knowledgeable of the Daytona 675?

Reaction score
I got a 2008 675 that is running the fuel pump non stop and not firing the injectors. It is absolutely building fuel pressure, it just doesn't seem to be opening up the injectors.

If I pull the airbox off and drop fuel down the throttles it fires up.

Lastly, it's not turning over from the start button. When you hit the button it's clicks likes it's trying but it's almost like a breaker gets thrown and the bike resets. I have to jump the terminals on the starter relay to get it to turn over. When I jump the terminals it cranks a little slower than I think it ought to, but it does crank and fire (if I drop fuel in the throttle).

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Was it running?
Anything changed?
Ecm connects/contacts clean? Bad ecm?
Good ground? Sounds like proper controls not being sent to the injectors or feedback is not correct.

I bought it not running and it's changed hands in this state probably three or four times before I got it. All the contacts at the ECM seem okay...no corrosion and they're plugged in snuggly.

Okay I made new battery leads...I replaced the leads from the battery to ground, then from the positive to the solenoid and then from the solenoid to the starter. It now starts with the button.

...however...

Now it does not stay running when put into gear. Idles and revs just fine when in neutral, dies instantly when put in gear. The kickstand switch has been bypassed but it is still pretty solid...whoever bypassed it soldered the connection pretty good and it has great continuity.

Is there anything else that would cause it to die when put in gear?

Back