• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Are there any trials riders here?

Reaction score
I was riding at at red river motorcycle trails in Muenster yesterday and came across a trials course. We eventually found some riders and watched them come up a section of the course. I met one of the guys keeping score and talked to him for quite a while about it. It really sounds like a lot of fun and to my surprise most of the riders were older fat guys like myself. I am definitely interested in trying it out and was wondering if anyone here rides one.
0DE91C33-2A20-4DAE-B19E-08F4724CE170.jpeg

I used to ride trials when I had a Honda TLR200 Reflex. I liked it because I was going slow when I fell.

WE have a good group of trials guys that ride at Zars Ranch and I know the Austin group rides at Emma Long and I think what you were seeing
was the NTTA event up at red river, I wanted to go but just did not have the time to make the trip up

And yes most of us weigh more than the bikes

WE have a good group of trials guys that ride at Zars Ranch and I know the Austin group rides at Emma Long and I think what you were seeing
was the NTTA event up at red river, I wanted to go but just did not have the time to make the trip up

And yes most of us weigh more than the bikes
That’s awesome! Please don’t take offense to the old fat guy comment. I was mainly referring to myself! What is a good bike to start with?

Tjs has Gasgas trials at 0% for 48 months .....just saying

Sherco, GAS GAS & TRS seem to be the most popular

San Marcos Motorcycles has some good deal as well as TJs and Munns

I think the KTM guy up in Denton has the GAS GAS line now as you are up closer to them

Always wanted to ride a bike designed for this. Outback track has been kicking around about building a course in Stanton

Sherco, GAS GAS & TRS seem to be the most popular

San Marcos Motorcycles has some good deal as well as TJs and Munns

I think the KTM guy up in Denton has the GAS GAS line now as you are up closer to them
Adventure Moto in McKinney has Gas Gas, not Denton.

And never a problem with the old farts comment as that is most of this group I ride with

Oh it was old fat guys well most of us are farts as well ;-) As we age our skin gets too thick for words to bother us, I think it comes from
hitting the ground too often

I rode Trials because I was going slower when I fell.

I used to ride when I had my vintage trials bikes. Would love to pickup a new or vintage trials bike (anyone have a TL125/250?) . Just not sure where in the houston area to ride it at for the terrain it is meant for.

Rio Bravo MX had a nice turnout at their meet a couple weeks ago. Looked like they were having a great time. Diamond Don's vintage meet in Jefferson always has a big group and nice course each year. It is in Sept this year. Awesome event, awesome location for all types of vintage offroad bikes. Do it!

on wed afternoons i do trials w/ my local homies
IMG-20200408-175413.jpg

sometimes i'll take my big bike and practice off camber turns & figure 8's off the sides of this pit
IMG-20200408-181117.jpg

sometimes i'll do trials on my dirtbike

IMG-20200506-191618.jpg

& finish out the evening riding the main loop singletracks afterwards

20190925-193248.jpg

and then ride the twisties into downtown

IMG-20200603-231756.jpg

meetup w/ friends for a bike night

20160308-192440.jpg

so yea, trials is where it's at.

Dao has had it all figured out for a long time. He hardly ever shares his secrets on how he actually arrived to that amazing place.
Infectious love for anything that comes across his path.

Back