• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cancelled Event: Arkansas ADV Ride: Around Glenwood AR, Now May 17-19

Yeah, I was planning on bringing the Africa Twin again, but hopefully riding up there this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called Arrowhead and told them we are coming. They are glad to have us back.

No need to reserve tent spaces but if you are planning on a cabin or RV, go ahead and get your reservation in.

Glad to see your coming Woodsguy! I guess with you being on the 800 you'll be "Not so dirty Rob."

Glad to see your coming Woodsguy! I guess with you being on the 800 you'll be "Not so dirty Rob."
If I can't swing something else you are very correct. I'm not a big bike rider, do the best I can.

There's a couple of KLR's around but heck they weigh almost as much as my bike and not near as modern on suspension, ect. I'll make do, I really want to go.

You have no idea, almost squid mode. Great respect for the bike. Hoping to find a clean 650 somewhere to buy and flip when I get back, lol. Mrs. won't
You can ride my WR450 if you want. It's plated and set up for about 250 pound rider.

Might be geared a bit more for trail than street but it will still do 70.

You can ride my WR450 if you want. It's plated and set up for about 250 pound rider.

Might be geared a bit more for trail than street but it will still do 70.
Appreciate it but can't do that. The KTM I took last trip has been offered but just not comfortable borrowing. That was a great offer from my friend and made for a great trip! Thanks again.

Just need big boy pants!!!!

View attachment 229712

You've definitely got the skill and you know it. It does take a higher level of commitment to do it on a big bike as it can cost a bit to fix the bike if you fail.

Having said that, the bikes are crazy capable. I was amazed at what my big GS could do and I had a blown shock on it. Your 800 GS should be even more capable.

I know you know this....you just have to believe it. With your skill, I'm betting you don't even come close to going down.

But I get it...I'm that way in rain on the street. I have the skill and equipment to be very capable in the rain but I end up riding like a scared little boy.

@misterk can just give us some tips around the campfire from the Sand & Rocks Dragoo Clinic he's attending in a few weeks.

You've definitely got the skill and you know it. It does take a higher level of commitment to do it on a big bike as it can cost a bit to fix the bike if you fail.

Having said that, the bikes are crazy capable. I was amazed at what my big GS could do and I had a blown shock on it. Your 800 GS should be even more capable.

I know you know this....you just have to believe it. With your skill, I'm betting you don't even come close to going down.

But I get it...I'm that way in rain on the street. I have the skill and equipment to be very capable in the rain but I end up riding like a scared little boy.
I'm mainly concerned with the bowl turns in Wolfpen Gap type thing.

I'm mainly concerned with the bowl turns in Wolfpen Gap type thing.
My guess is that we'll skip that section.

They were definitely a bit scary on a big bike. Those and the whoops afterwards weren't ideal for my GS.

View attachment 229712

Rob is that photo on Black Gap Rd in Big Bend? Sure looks like the rock step I did on the Tenere week before last. Cleaned it but not pretty and probably never again. If I ever do have a momentary lapse of judgement and ride the big bike on that road again it will definitely be in the opposite direction.

_

Rob is that photo on Black Gap Rd in Big Bend? Sure looks like the rock step I did on the Tenere week before last. Cleaned it but not pretty and probably never again. If I ever do have a momentary lapse of judgement and ride the big bike on that road again it will definitely be in the opposite direction.

_
Yes sir that is it, a friend is/was down there recently. Good eye.

Back