• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cancelled Event: Arkansas ADV Ride: Around Glenwood AR, Now May 17-19

Thanks for the feedback. I will sit this one out. Don't want to be riding ARK backroads alone; even if just trying to backtrack. Headline: "Motorcyclist Missing in Arkansas After Stumbling Upon Backwoods Meth Lab While Lost" ;-)
Ya'll have fun and be safe.
I didn't mean to scare you off. People ride at all different paces and I'm sure you can find someone to ride with. Everyone I know that we ride with won't leave someone behind so if you start with someone, they'll stay with you.

I was just saying that if you've never been on a dirt road before at all and are a true beginner with zero dirt miles, you might not exactly know what you are getting yourself into and you might not feel comfortable riding dirt at first. Having said that, some people love to introduce beginners to their first dirt ride. If that's what you'd like, post this up and see if someone wants to be your tour guide and get you going.

Final thought...only you know how quickly you pick up things and what speed you feel comfortable at. I've seen beginners that pick it up fast and are riding faster than experienced riders within the first 30 minutes. I've seen others that took longer to feel comfortable. At the end of the day, we'd love for you to join us, but only if you think you'd have fun as that is the entire point.

Confirming the camping is at the Glenwood side? Not the arrowhead side? Cabins looked full except one which doesn’t interest me compared to cost for camping.

Disregard, didn’t realize there were two camping locations. Lady on the phone told me there was also camping in Glenwood itself but that the group would be in Caddo Gap.

I didn't realize there were tow camping locations either. Yes...we're at Caddo Gap.

I think I remember her saying in August she had a glen wood site also, mostly canoe rentals

I plan on trailering from the house on Friday about 8 am which will put me in Glenwood around 1pm. Anyone want to ride Friday afternoon? Last year we had a small group ride out at 2:30 pm. I suggest for anyone interested we leave the Arrowhead campground at the same 2:30 pm this year. Show up with gas in already in the tank.

I'll be happy to lead one of the two routes listed below. They should be both be pretty easy and a nice warmup. The first one takes us right past Lotechrednecks place around the 5 mile mark. Most everything below 84/70 is largely deforested and different from what you will most likely ride the rest of the weekend. Jarret, 2WheelNut or Bigbird 44 can elaborate further if so inclined.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29666089

The other heads in the opposite direction and should be more woodsy but may contain a section or two that will be ridden on Saturday.

Last year we started Saturday's ride from the McDonald's/Valero gas station at 8:30 am. I assume that's still the best start location? Start time, was that good last year or do we want to bump it up to 8 or 8:15?

What bike will you be riding Steve?
Hey there Jimbo... Just a reminder, the type of bike that everyone is riding is listed on the first post of this thread.

It's pretty updated so far, and it looks like a good combination of big bikes and little bikes. Should be something for everyone. :)

Last edited:
I plan on trailering from the house on Friday about 8 am which will put me in Glenwood around 1pm. Anyone want to ride Friday afternoon? Last year we had a small group ride out at 2:30 pm. I suggest for anyone interested we leave the Arrowhead campground at the same 2:30 pm this year. Show up with gas in already in the tank.

I'll be happy to lead one of the two routes listed below. They should be both be pretty easy and a nice warmup. The first one takes us right past Lotechrednecks place around the 5 mile mark. Most everything below 84/70 is largely deforested and different from what you will most likely ride the rest of the weekend. Jarret, 2WheelNut or Bigbird 44 can elaborate further if so inclined.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29666089

The other heads in the opposite direction and should be more woodsy but may contain a section or two that will be ridden on Saturday.

Last year we started Saturday's ride from the McDonald's/Valero gas station at 8:30 am. I assume that's still the best start location? Start time, was that good last year or do we want to bump it up to 8 or 8:15?
I'll try for Friday, it'll be close on time.

Tony has offered to let me join his group. Thanks!
Got a room in town; hoping the weather cooperates.
Currently 50%-60% chance of no rain! [emoji2955]
IMG_8114.jpg

Last edited:
Tony has offered to let me join his group. Thanks!
Got a room in town; hoping the weather cooperates.
Currently 50%-60% chance of no rain! [emoji2955]
View attachment 232747
Not saying it won't be a washout or beautiful, I don't put much stock in 10 day or more forecasts, half the time 3 days out is off. Lets hope for good weather! Luckily with all the rock up there, shouldn't be a mudder like East Tx, lol.

Just checked, it shows the same weather (scattered thunder showers) on site I checked for May 1 to 8th. Maybe that's the standard weather for Ark in summer, lol.

We'll continue to watch... Sure hope the rain holds off. I honestly don't mind a bit of rain or wet / muddy spots on the ride. What I don't care for is constant hard rain or any kind of winds / lightning / severe weather.

Said another way...I'm ok getting a bit wet and muddy....but I want to be safe.

We'll continue to watch... Sure hope the rain holds off. I honestly don't mind a bit of rain or wet / muddy spots on the ride. What I don't care for is constant hard rain or any kind of winds / lightning / severe weather.

Said another way...I'm ok getting a bit wet and muddy....but I want to be safe.
Exactly, and this should be fun, not miserable, lol.

50% scattered thunderstorms...no big deal.

Just about every time I go to ar or co their is usually 50-60% of scattered showers. I do not think it will be a big weather event.

Back