• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas ADV Ride Aug 24-26

Anybody riding up or is everybody hauling.

Mike P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am riding. I am leaving on Thursday to do some business in east Texas and Hot Springs Village and go fishing. I will be at campground Friday morning around 11.

Think I’m going to ride up Friday. That GS does better on the street than any street bike I’ve ever owned. Might as well let it stretch its legs some.

Mike P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ready to go, did 150 miles today with some buddies

9ac9e9edec43e118a39e8cc9ddcca9ae.jpg

I came up with an 86 mile route starting and ending in Glenwood if anyone is interested. I tried to come up with something that would work Friday afternoon or Sunday morning and this may do the trick.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28385058

Sorry, its late for me and I don't remember how to post the map. :giveup: Maybe someone will come behind me and post it.

I came up with an 86 mile route starting and ending in Glenwood if anyone is interested. I tried to come up with something that would work Friday afternoon or Sunday morning and this may do the trick.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28385058

Sorry, its late for me and I don't remember how to post the map. :giveup: Maybe someone will come behind me and post it.

This?

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_fc.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_fc.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 195
Maybe I missed it, but where/when are we going to be gathering to kick these rides off each day?

I don't think we decided any of that yet. I started the routes in front of the McDonalds because it was so close to the intersection of 27 & 70. I don't know if we want to meet there or at the cafe mentioned above. It sounded like some thought an early lunch at the Queen Wilhelmina might be good. The restaurant is closed between 10 -11 while they transition from breakfast to lunch. Guess what time we'll arive? :giveup: After that, not to many food options till we get back. I'm pretty much a two meals a day kind of guy anyhow.

Doesn't matter to me but we also need to agree on a kick stands up time for Saturday. 8:30?

I don't think we decided any of that yet. I started the routes in front of the McDonalds because it was so close to the intersection of 27 & 70. I don't know if we want to meet there or at the cafe mentioned above. It sounded like some thought an early lunch at the Queen Wilhelmina might be good. The restaurant is closed between 10 -11 while they transition from breakfast to lunch. Guess what time we'll arive? :giveup: After that, not to many food options till we get back. I'm pretty much a two meals a day kind of guy anyhow.

Doesn't matter to me but we also need to agree on a kick stands up time for Saturday. 8:30?

The Caddo Cafe is right behind the McDonalds....

~Tony

Don't remember the store name but grocery near that corner that has room to meet.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Gives me time for coffee and breakfast.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Perfect, what time we heading out Friday? It is about 5 hours from DFW, 3 hours for Macdaddy since he can speed and just flash his badge [emoji4]

The rest of you Mortals that are leaving Friday morning, if you leave at 4 am we can ride by 10 lol [emoji23]

Perhaps plan on starting Friday at 1ish? Meet at arrowhead campground since most folks will be heading there.

Saturday meet at McDonald’s KSU 8:30?

Back