• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas ADV Ride Aug 24-26

Thanks...looks like a nice option.

I'm still trying to figure out when I'll get there on Friday. Trying to figure out how to get there around 2 without taking a day off....not sure it's going to work. :)

Cough, cough...I am not feeling well today.......try to throw a couple of sniffles in with it. It also helps to stick your finger down your throat right before the call. This will loosen up mucus

Cough, cough...I am not feeling well today.......try to throw a couple of sniffles in with it. It also helps to stick your finger down your throat right before the call. This will loosen up mucus

Lol...

The moved us to PTO "Paid Time Off" a few years back. We no longer have vacation and sick days, they are all the same.

So.... calling in sick burns a vacation day just like a planned vacation.

I get like 20 a year so that's 4 weeks worth which isn't horrible, but it's not a lot either.

My problem is that I have way more plans to use them than days available so I have to figure out how to do stuff without taking days..... :)

Room booked at Riverwood Inn.

Steve and I moved over to the Riverwood Inn as well.

The pool looks nice:

136911104.jpg

Everyone else at Arrowhead?

Last edited by a moderator:
I may try to join y'all on this one. If so, Ill be camping at Arrowhead.
MisterK, Ill have those extra tubes on hand.. lol!

Now there's your dangerous water crossing. :lol2: Probably best attempted about 3 am. :party:

Is there a designated place to meet for supper Friday night and breakfast in the morning?

Rich, I can't speak for Friday night but I guess we have to decide on Breakfast on Saturday morning. Do we eat before we depart or do we ride about 60 miles (might be time good time for a break) and have breakfast at the Skyline cafe in Mena? I know I'm going to want to eat but I don't care which place we choose. As far as the GPS route goes I just started it in front of McDonalds at the intersection of 70 & 27 because I have to start it somewhere and they have decent coffee.

I'd rather ride then eat to take advantage of the cooler morning. Mid morning brunch is enough to last me throughout the day.

Mike

I have no insight into restaurants in this area but I do think it would be good to find a spot for dinner if anyone knows of a good place.

Saturday lunch probably makes sense too, depending on where we'll be at lunch time.

After dinner in the evening, we'll probably have a fire and some beer around it at Arrowhead by the camp area. Not that it's the official gathering place, but I'm guessing a few of us will gather there.

Kevin and I like to make big fires....and there's stories of midnight joy rides I've heard from people that may be attending so maybe hiding your keys is also a good idea. (although I think that involved a sidecar or something)

Going to be epic...one way or the other. :)

I don't have a preference on breakfast really. I skip it a lot of times when I ride and fast til lunch.

Guess we could always grab something at McD's.

Rich, I can't speak for Friday night but I guess we have to decide on Breakfast on Saturday morning. Do we eat before we depart or do we ride about 60 miles (might be time good time for a break) and have breakfast at the Skyline cafe in Mena? I know I'm going to want to eat but I don't care which place we choose. As far as the GPS route goes I just started it in front of McDonalds at the intersection of 70 & 27 because I have to start it somewhere and they have decent coffee.

I'm a guest, I'm good with whatever the group decides. I can work around any of it!

misterk talking to his father when he was just a boy.
Dad, are we pyromaniacs?
Dad: Yes, we ARSON. :lol2:

I'll be tenting it at Arrow head and I'll be trailering the AT up Fri morning. All of this sounds FANTASTIC! and I can't wait. What ever place and time we are meeting up, just let me know, I'm there!

On the second/final version of the Saturday route for any of those that transferred the tracks to your device, just make sure the entire route is there. For some reason on my Garmin Montana it stopped at about 170 miles instead of the 204. I did another route to complete the ride and can post it if there is a need.

BTW, the weather report is looking good!!!

On the second/final version of the Saturday route for any of those that transferred the tracks to your device, just make sure the entire route is there. For some reason on my Garmin Montana it stopped at about 170 miles instead of the 204. I did another route to complete the ride and can post it if there is a need.

BTW, the weather report is looking good!!!
Real adventure riders only use a compass..........................................so if you get us lost, I will have my compass on my Iphone ready..........

I washed off the 4000 miles of dirt on the AT from the rocky mountain tour today, ready to get some Arky dirt on it now........

Last edited:
Back