• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas from Galveston area

Looking to take a multiday ride (approx. 4 days) from Hitchcock, Tx. to Arkansas. I have a Butler map for the roads in Arkansas/Oklahoma, but I'm looking for suggestions on getting there. Is it best just to get on the freeway and haul? Also, was looking at starting the journey into Arkansas in Junction City, AR, then ride Scenic Bypass 7 north. The other option is start in Talihina, OK, and head East. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lowry
Been doing that ride this time of year from Santa Fe for over 10 years. Have a back road route that keeps you out of traffic if you're interested. Also
Have some ideas on roads to ride once there. If you want, stop by and see me and we can discuss. I'll be here till Sunday when I'll be tacking the wife up in the truck, she's never seen AR in the fall colors.

Awesome to hear. I will keep that in mind. I would rather take back roads, as long as it doesn't double the time to get there. A guy at work told me I had already passed up the good time to go up there. But I'm more interested in the roads, although the scenery would be a plus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Awesome to hear. I will keep that in mind. I would rather take back roads, as long as it doesn't double the time to get there. A guy at work told me I had already passed up the good time to go up there. But I'm more interested in the roads, although the scenery would be a plus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Ar road surfaces this year are the best I've seen in a long time.