• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas Hillbilly Rally October 14-18 (Short Notice)

Obdewla_X

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
This rally originally started on a now defunct BMW K Bike Sport Touring forum & will be our 15th year for the Arkansas Hillbilly Rally. Our digs will be the posh & opulent Gordon Motel in Jasper, AR and while it's not the Taj Mahal, it's clean, inexpensive & we're always given the royal treatment and for Jasper, that's saying something! There are no large organized group rides as everyone typically does their own thing in small-ish groups. A typical day consists of a lunchtime ride destination with breakfast & dinner at the Ozark Café across the street or the Blue Mountain Café up the street. Evenings are usually spent around the fire pit in the parking lot where tales are told & juvenile behavior is on full display.

Hopefully, the weather gods will smile on us this year & we’ll have great autumn weather with warm days, cool nights & beautiful fall colors all around us. Just bring your party hat and a generous party 'tude', along with a low threshold of self-discipline, plus a high tolerance for cheap motel accommodations and you'll fit right in! And not that it needs to be said, but should you choose to attend the rally, please be aware that any display of mature, adult behavior in any shape, manner or form is frowned upon and will not be tolerated. It's worth mentioning, Jasper's in a dry county so bring your own hooch or get it in Harrison, 20 miles north of Jasper.

The ancient Chinese philosopher Lao Tse once said, "Attending the AHR is like pissing in a white suit... it feels good & it shows". So start making plans to join in the fun and make your way to the beautiful Ozark Mtns. in NW Arkansas and hillbilly riding nirvana. Outstanding roads abound within minutes of downtown Jasper in every direction.

Guaranteed great riding during the day, uplifting frolic and cavortment at night.

When: Arrive Wed. October 14, Depart Sun. October 18
Where: Jasper, AR
Command Central: The Gordon Motel
Reservations: (870) 446-5252; be sure to tell Mrs. Gordon you're with the BMW group (all makes are welcome but Mrs. Gordon knows us as the BMW group)
Cancellation Policy: No refunds after 7 days prior to your arrival date

Single/double (2 beds) - $50/night
Luxury Suites (3 beds) - $60/night

PM me with any questions.

Disclaimer: Participation is the sole responsibility of the attendee. Motorcycle riding is potentially dangerous and can result in personal injury or death. You and you alone are responsible for your own safety. Ride within your own ability. Road and weather conditions may change at any time and thereby affect rider safety, so check local conditions regularly.

Interesting. This ends a day before the 2020 TWT Arkansas Ride starts.

I guess I real go getter could attend both.

October is a Huge month for Rallies and bikes in Arkansas. I'm leaving for Ark on Wed and will be there until at least the following Mon. Taking 300/500/790.
Rally at the Rock Oct 1-3
Ark 500 Oct 2-4
Adventure Palooza (Missouri) One of the best Adv rides I've ever been on is this coming weekend

Arkansas is absolutely awesome in October. Cool days, chilly nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back