• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas in early September

Reaction score
Hey folks. I'm looking into doing a trip to Arkansas for 4-5 days or so. Probably camping each day. I don't do single track riding, easy pace exploring, no hard plans of where to go and when, no problem splitting up at times... If anyone is interested, let know and we can plan something. I'll probably go the week of labor day. Can ride bikes there (I'm in the woodlands, TX) or trailer them.

I would be up for this, perhaps 3 days for me. Kind of scared to camp with some guy named “creepy”.

I hope You weren’t that banjo playing kid in deliverance 😂
Haha, yeah uncle creepy was a funny nickname my nieces and nephews call me. I thought it would be hilarious if I could get them to call me that and was able to get it to be there norm. It's still funny to me when they call me uncle creepy.

3 days works for fine with me. No hard plans. You like to ride out there or trailer the bikes?

If you live near me at all we might need to do a meet up so you aren't too worried about camping with a weirdo. Or, meeting me might actually confirm your worries

I'm planning on attending Rich Mountain Rendezvous. Tentatively riding out for a bit of solo exploring on the 14th/15th, returning home on the 20th. I know that's not exactly 'early September', but I figured I'd throw it out there.
I wish I could. My dates are pretty set (about Sept 4th to the 11th). I unfortunately can only work within that date range.

I will be riding, I am thinking Thursday to Saturday, come home Saturday afternoon. Camp arrowhead (caddo gap) is a great place to camp. Groceries at glenwood about 5 miles away.

also the Kriver is a fun place to camp. Both places have rivers to sit in after the days ride. I usually get back to camp by 4ish. My motorcycle does it automatically 😂

I will be riding, I am thinking Thursday to Saturday, come home Saturday afternoon. Camp arrowhead (caddo gap) is a great place to camp. Groceries at glenwood about 5 miles away.

also the Kriver is a fun place to camp. Both places have rivers to sit in after the days ride. I usually get back to camp by 4ish. My motorcycle does it automatically 😂
Ha, sounds life you have it figured out. I think I'll be riding the beginning of the week since I have to drive back home by Sunday.

I might be interested. Not interested in trailering my bike. Not that kind of bloke. Camping and exploring are what I'm into. No weird stuff and no single track.

I might be interested. Not interested in trailering my bike. Not that kind of bloke. Camping and exploring are what I'm into. No weird stuff and no single track.
I'm with you. I prefer not trailer but was willing to. If you live close by we figure meet prior. If not, we roll the dice and how the other isn't a weirdo.

I'm with you. I prefer not trailer but was willing to. If you live close by we figure meet prior. If not, we roll the dice and how the other isn't a weirdo.
LoL... would be a good idea to meet and plan a ride. Figure out where to camp and where to ride. Never been to Arkansas. Usually head out west but I'm going to look into attractions and roads. I ride a KLR so 70ish is about how I like to ride. No interstate riding if I can help it.

LoL... would be a good idea to meet and plan a ride. Figure out where to camp and where to ride. Never been to Arkansas. Usually head out west but I'm going to look into attractions and roads. I ride a KLR so 70ish is about how I like to ride. No interstate riding if I can help it.
Sounds good. You live close to the woodlands (north Houston) at all? Arkansas has lots to see. Plenty of dirt road, gravel road, natural springs and rivers, etc. I'm a member of an Arkansas dual sport rider FB page too. They post lots of routes. Looks awesome. I have only ridden through quickly, but never taken my time over days. I'm with you, back roads and 70ish speeds (max) are preferred. We have some time still but we should definitely meet up.

Actually down in Pearland but ride up in Montgomery every now and then. Will probably be up there some Sunday after I get back from my vacation in a few weeks.

Will be keeping tabs on this thread to see how things develop. May be into this.
Heading out from the hacienda north on hwy 8, I can be across the RR and into Arky in about 35 minutes.

If weather cooperates tomorrow🤞- am looking at heading over to the other side of Suttgart and riding part of the TAT up to Mountianburg, then up to Siloam to visit kin and old friends for a day or 2 and then back home. It's always a eyeful up there.

Will be keeping tabs on this thread to see how things develop. May be into this.
Heading out from the hacienda north on hwy 8, I can be across the RR and into Arky in about 35 minutes.

If weather cooperates tomorrow🤞- am looking at heading over to the other side of Suttgart and riding part of the TAT up to Mountianburg, then up to Siloam to visit kin and old friends for a day or 2 and then back home. It's always a eyeful up there.

Sounds awesome. It would be cool to have someone with experience in the area to join. Enjoy the trip

20200905_123022.jpg

20200905_175617.jpg
Some camping spots are more difficult to get to then others, but the rewards can be worth it.

Attachments

• 20200905_175617.jpg
    20200905_175617.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 20200918_172715.jpg
    20200918_172715.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 20200904_131249.jpg
    20200904_131249.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 146
Having that all to one's self for a weekend can be a spiritual thing- but like I said, getting there can get 'interesting'.
Many rocks at the end of a downgrade make for ball-bearings that come out from under tires and feet when ya try to stop!

Attachments

• 20200905_123016.jpg
    20200905_123016.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 20200904_135839.jpg
    20200904_135839.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 150
Having that all to one's self for a weekend can be a spiritual thing- but like I said, getting there can get 'interesting'.
Many rocks at the end of a downgrade make for ball-bearings that come out from under tires and feet when ya try to stop!
Yeah, maybe not then. I like exploring but I don't want to risk damage to body or bike to do it. Beautiful though

Jeep country there & that particular place is advanced level stuff. I know what Not to do next time I go camp there. The last 150 yards of the trail are at a 45* downgrade.
Went down with a slow struggle so nothing but a few scratches on the crash bar- did exactly what it was designed to to. The shoulder didn't exactly like the stress but I had 2 days R&R to recover.

Back